PDA

View Full Version : Hospital Distance

polkalozz
08-23-2013, 06:15 PM
Im going on holiday and I know the nearest hospital is like 1-2hours away this worries me! I want to be able to relax on my holiday and not worry that if anything happens to me I wont be able to receive help! I know its just fear of having a panic attack and not having the help! but i havnt had a panic attack in a while (touch wood)

help :(

tailspin
08-23-2013, 06:50 PM
I can definitely relate to your need to be near a hospital. However, with me the irony is that I actually hate hospitals. They terrify me!! The last place I want to go is the hospital!! So now I try and remind myself of that (even though I still feel the need to be near one in case I have a heart attack :( )

Also, if your main fear has to do with needing to go to a hospital because you're having a panic attack, perhaps you could get around that by having some anti-anxiety medication with you?? Because most likely, that is what they would give you at the hospital if you were having a bad panic attack. At least that's what they gave me when I went to the ER with a panic attack (they gave me a Valium). So if your psychiatrist could prescribe you some anti-anxiety meds for emergencies, maybe that would help you while you're on vacation?

At any rate, I think it's great you're going on vacation and that you aren't letting your fear of not being near a hospital prevent you. I made the mistake of starting to avoid situations that scared me and I really, really regret that!!! It's so important to somehow find a way to keep on doing things!! I hope your vacation goes well!

polkalozz
08-24-2013, 02:57 AM
Yeah im always worried like what if something happens to me I.e panic attack or heart attack and because im so worried about that it drains the fun out of everything else.

Yeah ive only ever been to hospital once and they gave me that too, although I dont think taking drugs is an option for me as I want to avoid them until completely necessary. But I use herbal remedies and they seem to work I havnt had a full blown panic attack in months.

its just the horrible what if worry! :(

brian_s_21
08-24-2013, 03:02 AM
Yeah im always worried like what if something happens to me I.e panic attack or heart attack and because im so worried about that it drains the fun out of everything else. Yeah ive only ever been to hospital once and they gave me that too, although I dont think taking drugs is an option for me as I want to avoid them until completely necessary. But I use herbal remedies and they seem to work I havnt had a full blown panic attack in months. its just the horrible what if worry! :(

Same here I don't want to take medicine

polkalozz
08-31-2013, 03:48 PM
UPDATE: I made it through the holiday fine with no problems, little bit of anxiety at night, but that was it! :)

nf1234
08-31-2013, 10:04 PM
UPDATE: I made it through the holiday fine with no problems, little bit of anxiety at night, but that was it! :)

It always works out like that for me! I get so worried about whats going to happen and then it ends up being fine.

Stephj526
08-31-2013, 11:04 PM

Congrats! That's a big step!

tailspin
09-01-2013, 12:30 AM
Glad you had a good holiday!!