PDA

View Full Version : My symptoms

theanxiousone
10-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Hello,

I think i have anxiety. Since my partner left it has gone severe:

-Fear
-chest/back pain as if someone is sitting on me at times!
-warm face/red face
- pain in arm
- tingly skin
- excessive sweating
- yellow coating on tongue
- acid reflux/heartburn

I also sometimes can feel the taste of blood and sometimes i spit fresh blood ( small amounts ) - Im going to the Doctor to check that out.

So I have anxiety?

Daisy
10-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Hello, Welcome to the forum. Sorry you have to go through a split with your partner as well as what sounds like anxiety. You will find plenty of information to help you here. I have everyone of those complaints, including coating on the tongue. I don't get the taste of blood though, so yes it is best to check all complaints with a doctor first.

RabidBadger
10-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Hi

Please don't think I'm mocking when I say this because I'm not, it's just something I don't quite understand...

Why do you have to ask if you have anxiety? Anxiety is an emotion, it's just another name for fear. If you feel fear when there is no material threat or impending danger then you have a problem with anxiety.

Anxiety disorder is a blanket term that covers a multitude of different psychological problems that revolve around excessive feelings of fear. You don't have to meet a certain set of criteria to fit in and I honestly think people would get better a lot quicker if they didn't have a convenient name for what they were feeling. The mentality very often goes "I have anxiety, therefore I'll carry on being anxious because it's a recognised condition".

You would never have to ask another person if you were happy or angry so why do people ask if they are anxious?

Like I said, I'm not mocking, I have anxiety problems myself but I know that because I feel scared when there's nothing to be scared of.

Anyway, I wish you all the best.

Chris x