PDA

View Full Version : New to this

allymcd94
08-11-2013, 10:30 PM
I don't really know how this works, but I decided to get it because i have had anxiety for over a year now and it is getting worse. I cant seem to get control of it and on top of that this has been the hardest year of my life. I had my first year of college, my boyfriend cheated on me twice, my grandpa was in the hospital for a month, great grandma ( who I have been caring for) was diagnosed with two forms of cancer and a failing heart valve and got placed on hospice, my best friend and i are no longer friends, and Im having surgery in two days for a reoccurring injury. I know things will get better but I feel like im all alone. Sometimes i feel like no one else knows what im going through and i cant explain it to someone who doesnt know what it is like themselves. What am i suppose to do now?

Lingua
08-11-2013, 11:11 PM
You need to go see your doctor. Is there a health center on campus? They usually have counselors who can walk you through some things, and help you figure out whether you need meds, counseling or something else. Trust me, the doctors and counselors have heard this all before. Really, they have.

The thing about anxiety is that you can't control it - that feeling of being out of control is really really awful. It can get better. You've had an awful year, it's OK to reach out for help.