PDA

View Full Version : palpitations every day

angieproc1977
08-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Does anyone else ?? They're not constant all day but I do get them everyday recently and they're driving me mad c

raggamuffin
08-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Palps are very common. But if you get upset or scared of any anxiety symptom it only serves to make them last longer or feel more intesne. We become very hyper sensitive to our symptoms. It's simply our body's way of showing us it's had a lot of stress and worry and wants to recover.

The fight or flight response kicks in at the drop of a hat when we're anxious 24/7. This causes an excess of adrenaline which raises our heart rate, makes us feel on edge etc.

It takes practice to not respond emotionally to symptoms but the more you remind yourself you're not in danger and that all these symptoms are anxiety and nothing more, the quicker your body will repair itself and get back to its old self again.

The body is perfectly capable of getting rid of these symptoms and aches, it's our mind - our worries and fears which are preventing it from doing it's job.

Ed

robocop01
08-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Does anyone else ?? They're not constant all day but I do get them everyday recently and they're driving me mad c

It drives me crazy too. I have had palps since I was a kid, but they grew less frequent as I got older. Now that I have insane anxiety and panic attacks they have come back to work full time.

leetbulldog
08-11-2013, 06:24 PM

I get them aswell! they started like 6years after they diagnosed me with Anxiety Disorder.. So it's been like two years I been dealing with them.. I hate them!!

autumnbee123
08-11-2013, 06:34 PM
I used to get them everyday. Even when I wasn't panicking. The scariest time I can remember was about two years ago and I was in a car far away from home, any hospitals and people. My palpitations lasted literally for about 30 seconds. I was so scared I started to scream and cry. Worst feeling ever. It's all the stress that's built up in your body. The chemicals release in your body at any time whether you feel anxious or not. Your body is in "fight or flight" mode. I get them every now and then but now I get chest pain a lot more. It's just what stress and anxiety does to us and we're here to help and support each other through it. (: don't worry it's just stupid tricks anxiety plays on our brains chemicals. We think it, it happens. We think we have a certain sickness a lot, we'll start having symptoms. It's our minds playing tricks on our bodies.

Peak
08-12-2013, 05:25 AM
Yep had them everyday for a number of years. Most times they are just one or two at a time but several or sometimes dozens of times a day. Othertimes they'll be constant, either a very rapid heart rate (like 180bpm) or very irregular and last anything from a few seconds to several minutes. They used to scare the hell out of me and still do to an extent. My GP was very good in that after testing me to make sure I didn't have a heart condition they prescribed me a drug that slows down my heart a bit but also helps to reduce the palpitations. Using this with CBT techniques means I'm able to keep them under control. Now when I get palps, because of the drug, they are not as strong and rarely if ever last more than 2-3 beats, because they are so brief my anxiety level doesn't increase too much and I am able to use CBT to rationalise it all and stay calm.