PDA

View Full Version : New Fear.

RecurringThoughts
08-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Hey everyone,

I am currently struggling with a fear of anal cancer because I have had this small, flesh colored bump on that area that I swear is getting bigger. I have an appointment on Monday to have it checked out, but I am having a difficult time not panicking that it is the worst. Obviously, whatever it is isn't likely to kill me between now and my appointment, but I can't help but anticipate a horrendous diagnosis. I think the recent stuff in the news about rising cancers and HPV has me freaking out...

leetbulldog
08-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Hey everyone,

I am currently struggling with a fear of anal cancer because I have had this small, flesh colored bump on that area that I swear is getting bigger. I have an appointment on Monday to have it checked out, but I am having a difficult time not panicking that it is the worst. Obviously, whatever it is isn't likely to kill me between now and my appointment, but I can't help but anticipate a horrendous diagnosis. I think the recent stuff in the news about rising cancers and HPV has me freaking out...

Anal cancer is One of the many self diagnosed illnesses I have had. I used to think I was gonna die from it because I had pain down there. I also used to get tarry colored stools so that made things worst.i stopped caring about it an it disappear. So I assume your case is the same as mine. Don't worry, you don't have cancer. :)

lalouba_jane
08-09-2013, 11:57 AM
That just sounds like a hemorrhoid to me, leet. Do you have any pain or bleeding?

leetbulldog
08-09-2013, 12:05 PM
That just sounds like a hemorrhoid to me, leet. Do you have any pain or bleeding?

yea they were hemorrhoids.. they are painful and make you think the worst

lalouba_jane
08-09-2013, 12:43 PM
I never really worry about stuff I can see! It's stuff I can't that bugs me out!

RecurringThoughts
08-09-2013, 04:44 PM
I couldn't wait and went to the doctor today. They said it was nothing (so embarrassing), but took a culture for a herpes exam. Ahhhh! Now I have to wait until Monday for the result. The torture!