PDA

View Full Version : How I stopped drinking

metalchica
08-09-2013, 10:03 AM
First of all I beleive in a higher power and would pray for help for the past 17 yrs about the PTSD and agoraphobia. Nothing seemed to help except beer. Everyday-and lots of it. My anxiety symptoms always centered around feeling I couldnt breathe and could not swallow food if I wasnt drinking.Used to have the heart palpitations and so many other symptoms but they dissipated. The beer was my safety net.Last week I was in a 24-7 panic state. My anxiety levels were over the top. I couldnt swallow. Not even beer-for 4 days. I was absolutely terrified that my safety net was gone. Have to say I wanted to live a life without meds so chose the beer. I went for help, got some lorazepam and didnt even have to wean off te beer.I feel amazing, and whether some people dont believe in a higher power, I have to say I think God intervened.

Theres still quite a journey ahead of me. I still cant get out but i can breathe, sleep and eat now. The relief I feel atm is just amazing. Please know it is never hopeless and I wish all of you success in your struggles and hope to learn a lot from you all.