PDA

View Full Version : What to do next

sharacel91
08-06-2013, 03:03 PM
I tired and fed up with this anxiety my body has had enough its tired from it all. I struggle with everyday life things like having a shower I feel alone and have no one to talk to. People are starting to get fed up with me I have lost friends as I struggle to go out on my own to meet them I'm to embattled to tell them it's due to anxiety unless your a suffer from anxiety I don't think you realise how bad it is and how limited if can make you. I just want this anxiety to be gone I want my life back I'm pregnant and worry I won't be able to cope when baby arrives I'm dreading that day I go in to labour and have to go in to my worse place hospital!

Sorry guys having a down night need someone to talk to thanks for reading if you have read x

Cobra
08-06-2013, 04:34 PM
I've been doing emdr, which I learned from leighlee. When you have a disturbing thought, move your eyes in wide, smooth back and forth motions. This helps your brain process the thought rather than freeze on it because it scares you. Follow the disturbing thought with a positive rationalization, doing the eye movements again. This replaces the bad thought with the good thought. For example: oh, no, my chest hurts! I'm having a heart attack! Follow with: that pain is just muscle tension from anxiety. I have a healthy heart. Do not use negative affirmations because your subconscious does not understand negatives. Think my heart is healthy, not I am not having a heart attack.

I'm reading a book about trauma by Roy Levine that is very interesting too. It talks about releasing the pent up energy from the flight or fight response rather than repressing it. If you feel like you need to shake your hand, shake it. Move your legs, let them kick. It's how our nervous system resets itself. He posits that anxiety is due to humans repressing their natural instincts to shake off the excess energy from traumatic events.