PDA

View Full Version : Im not dealing with this very good...

Nikki01
08-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Well im 33 years and have a 12 year old son. My panic attacks and anxiety started maybe 10 years ago. I was able to control it up until a few months ago. I dont know why but it just came back with a vengeance! I have been to the hospital numerous times thinking I was having a heart attack. Numerous EKGs, chest xrays and even a blood test to see if im in early stages of a heart attack. But of course im completely normal!! Im scared to sleep, have chest pain, my anxiety bothers me on my left side so I have the tingles and numbness on my left side, I think im going to die everyday, I have heart palps and I get severe heartburn or indigestion. Im not enjoying this one bit!! Sonetimes I feel like not even getting out of bed or going to work. It has gotten to the point I have called out of work or left early due to the anxiety. I feel like I cant live my normal life anymore. This anxiety crap is very debilitating and I dont know what to do anymore. Anybody have any advice?

kmb117
08-05-2013, 11:10 PM
I am in a similar position - I've had anxiety/panic for half my life, and an recently struggling with my worst setback ever. Have you thought of taking a medication or seeing a therapist? I know both options can be very helpful, and combing both is often the most successful option for people. The most important thing to focus on is that there is HOPE, and you will get better. All the best.

Cobra
08-06-2013, 03:44 AM
Have you had any major life changes or events? Maybe you need to get to the root of your anxiety so you can tackle the problem head on.

Peanut82
08-06-2013, 08:08 AM
I can understand not knowing what to do. I myself have gone downhill in the last few years. Its hard to pinpoint what triggers it but if you can try to figure that out it's a start. I've read about meds and therapists, maybe something like that could help you?. I was thinking of seeking help myself but I don't have the means to do so. I wish you luck!

Nikki01
08-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Thanks guys for your responses. Yes im on meds im on prozac 40mg and I take xanax...I am seeing a therapist which I have just started seeing. Its just the symptoms that goes with anxiety that sucks...i just feel like im going to have a heart attack and not even know it and then that makes me go into panic mode...