PDA

View Full Version : Pulse in head

Cobra
08-05-2013, 04:05 AM
Heart racing. Took half an Ativan. Heart slows down. I wonder, though, what causes you to feel your heartbeat in your neck, head and ear. Sometimes I can feel it in my skin. Highest my bp has been is 150/90 which is just barely high. Certainly not high enough to make my pulse feel so thumpy all over. Capillary constriction maybe? Not trying to worry, but it does drive me batty sometimes. I stand up thudthudthud. I roll over in bed thudthudthud. I lay on my side and I hear it whooshing in my ear. I've been holding my pulse points tonight just trying to get over the fear of feeling my heart beat.

leetbulldog
08-05-2013, 04:10 AM
Heart racing. Took half an Ativan. Heart slows down. I wonder, though, what causes you to feel your heartbeat in your neck, head and ear. Sometimes I can feel it in my skin. Highest my bp has been is 150/90 which is just barely high. Certainly not high enough to make my pulse feel so thumpy all over. Capillary constriction maybe? Not trying to worry, but it does drive me batty sometimes. I stand up thudthudthud. I roll over in bed thudthudthud. I lay on my side and I hear it whooshing in my ear. I've been holding my pulse points tonight just trying to get over the fear of feeling my heart beat.

I ask the same question.. when I rollover in bed, when I stand up.. Yes, also I hear it when I lay on my side.not going to lie, it freaks me out hearing my heart beat. :/ neck,head,ears.. Ughh sucks :(

futurebound
08-05-2013, 04:15 AM
It's your carotid artery, the pulse in your neck. That's why u feel this sensation.

Cobra
08-05-2013, 04:28 AM
I mean why sometimes and sometimes not?

futurebound
08-05-2013, 04:44 AM
I mean why sometimes and sometimes not?

It's just the nature of anxiety and the many unanswered questions we have to the physical symptoms of it.

Do U keep a mood diary to see when your anxiety peaks and troughs? Maybe a strategy will help with the easing of this symptoms with various techniques.

Cobra
08-05-2013, 05:32 AM
No mood diary. I was doing really well until a few days ago, and one of my kids came to the house and started raising hell because we don't like his girlfriend. Cussed us out. For like 2 hours straight. Since then, my anxiety has been on a hair trigger.