PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety in hospital

Stephj526
08-03-2013, 10:48 PM
So I've been having right side stomach pain all day, and its just getting worse so eventually I went to the ER. Now I'm anxious.

They gave me Toradol, which is just a NSAID. And some anti-nausea meds. So why am I freaking out? Im very alert and waiting for side effects. Its so annoying! They tried giving me morphine, I said no. Oh, and I'm on fluids.

I hope nothing is wrong and I get out soon, I'm moving at 9am tomorrow. :(

ADD
08-03-2013, 10:56 PM
So I've been having right side stomach pain all day, and its just getting worse so eventually I went to the ER. Now I'm anxious.

They gave me Toradol, which is just a NSAID. And some anti-nausea meds. So why am I freaking out? Im very alert and waiting for side effects. Its so annoying! They tried giving me morphine, I said no. Oh, and I'm on fluids.

I hope nothing is wrong and I get out soon, I'm moving at 9am tomorrow. :(

I hope you get better soon, we are all here for you.

nervousbutterflies
08-03-2013, 10:58 PM
You'll be ok :) you might not feel that way but you will be! Hospitals exacerbate your anxiety! I'm in nursing school and when I walk in he hospital my anxiety increases alot

Cobra
08-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Perhaps you strained some muscles preparing for your move.

laurentellez
08-03-2013, 11:15 PM
OMG i know THE feeling. . They gave me meds and instantly thought my throat was closing up

kingmemphis
08-04-2013, 12:08 AM
We wish you a quick recovery and hopefully its nothing major. Please don't be anxious your in the place possible to get all the care.

Stephj526
08-04-2013, 12:28 AM
Thanks everyone. All the tests came back negative, so that's a good sign!

ADD
08-04-2013, 12:42 AM
Thanks everyone. All the tests came back negative, so that's a good sign!

That's great news, I knew there was nothing wrong with you :). So you get to go home now and relax!!