PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety 24/7 for 2 years straight

jlong329
08-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Has anyone here has anxiety symptoms last for 2 straight years without stopping? Is that normal?

Symptoms include:

Chest tightness
Shortness of breath
Lightheaded
Unbalanced like I'm on a boat
Headaches
Shooting pains
Hot flashes
Feels like I'm sweating but I'm not

These are just to name a few

I've done every test under the sun and even went to 2 cardiologists, they can't find anything wrong with me, but I feel like there is something they missed :(

mistiblue
08-03-2013, 08:40 AM
Yes, it is normal. I've had it for about 4 years. I will have some periods where my symptoms are very light, but that's rare. I hardly ever have what you call an anxiety attack... Just ongoing anxiety. Anxiety shows itself different in everyone and in many ways. Hope you get better soon!

jlong329
08-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Thank you, I only had 1 major panic or anxiety attack. I thought I was having a heart attack, after going into the ER and stating in the hospital for 6 days, they couldn't find anything wrong with me. Since then, I haven't been the same, constantly going to the ER, seeing all different kinds of doctors. It's horrible!!

Just want to go to the way I was before

mistiblue
08-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Your story sounds just like mine. My anxiety started when I found out I had a heart murmur (which now I look back and see how silly that was), but it's too late now! I've had one panic attack and thought the same, that I was having a heart attack. Except the hospital treated me like a fruit cake and sent me home. Now, I have anxiety all the time. I have seen doctor after doctor and they treat me like an idiot too. They always say everything is anxiety. For a year I have been dealing with chronic pain in my left side ( shoulder, chest, ribs) and they say its just my muscles. It can be VERY frustrating, but there are lots of good ways to cope. Hang in there :)

jlong329
08-03-2013, 08:56 AM
It's soo frustrating because everyone says its in your head, but then you tell yourself, how can it be in my head when I actually feel these symptoms? Then you start doubting yourself and what the doctors say.

It's not easy and people don't understand

mistiblue
08-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Yep, I was just talking to my mom about that last night (she understands because she goes through the same thing). The Doctors can't truly understand because they aren't experiencing it. It's even harder when you have a family and they don't understand and you just have to push through it all the time. I totally understand what your feeling.

sitemastercalifornia
08-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Mine started a few weeks ago. Do you guys ever feel like you cant sit still? Legs twitch and its hard to walk, like dizziness and you have to hold the walls to walk around. I noticed lately my heart isn't racing but i feel panicky as heck. Even at home which used to be my safety zone. Never been to a doctor but does this sound like anyone elses symptoms?