PDA

View Full Version : Love-induced vomiting..Help!

EMAR
07-22-2013, 04:46 PM
I'm a pretty relaxed person and never got panic attacks..Until I fell in love. We're talking over 10 years ago in university. I fell deeply in love with this boy and every time we started flirting, I would have to excuse myself and run to the bathroom to vomit! I would come back and as soon as we were having an intense moment, I'd have to run back to the bathroom. I could vomit several times in one night until he'd get offended at me running off, he'd think I was just playing games with him, and he'd get cold. This happened over several months until I graduated.

Needless to say, we never got together and it was too embarrassing for me to share my problem with him. If I had known him for a long time, I could have (maybe) shared my problem with him. But this is at the beginning of the courtship and I can only scare off someone for being this intense. That's my opinion anyway.

I've had relationships since but nothing intense.

7 years after this experience, I fell deeply in love again and the same scenario ensued. I'm doomed to always settling for men I don't feel extremely passionate about because I can control my feelings when I'm not crazy about them. Do you have any advice on what I can do to prevent this love-induced vomiting? Or has anyone else had the same experience? The only time I've seen such a thing is in the South Park character Stan every time Wendy talked to him, lol..

Ryaan
07-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Those darn butterflies, you got a mad case of them, good news is that its all in your head, and under your control, you can easily fix this, next time you meet that right guy, tell him how you feel, it's not gonna hurt you, take it slow with him, get comfortable with him, than pounce on him full force, you are the master of your domain, take whats yours.

frankzito
07-22-2013, 04:58 PM
I remember being madly In love about ten years ago. When I wasn't with her, my heart would beat thinking of her. Real love lol

EMAR
07-22-2013, 05:07 PM
Imagine meeting someone and 5 minutes into the conversation, they run off to the bathroom, come back and admit they had to puke because they're so crazy about you. In theory, it's very flattering to the ego. But I bet in real life, you'd be freaked out. Let's not forget that it freaks me out as well to see myself like this. I'm thinking "what the hell is happening to me?". How many times can I barf in one night?! And I also wonder: suppose I do tell the person about my mad mad case of butterflies, is that going to make them go away? If it was only butterflies! I hate myself for not being in control of myself because like Ryaan says, it's all in my head and I am the master of myself..Until I fall hardcore in love. Sigh.

Ryaan
07-22-2013, 05:13 PM
I think you would be 100% amazed if you told this person how you felt before engaging him sexually, but yes your right, if you ran off and threw up every time we got close, id'e probably be weirded out, you will just have to find that right person thats willing to work with you, that's pretty hardcore but its fixable.

frankzito
07-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Imagine meeting someone and 5 minutes into the conversation, they run off to the bathroom, come back and admit they had to puke because they're so crazy about you. In theory, it's very flattering to the ego. But I bet in real life, you'd be freaked out. Let's not forget that it freaks me out as well to see myself like this. I'm thinking "what the hell is happening to me?". How many times can I barf in one night?! And I also wonder: suppose I do tell the person about my mad mad case of butterflies, is that going to make them go away? If it was only butterflies! I hate myself for not being in control of myself because like Ryaan says, it's all in my head and I am the master of myself..Until I fall hardcore in love. Sigh.

You don't mean falling in love in 5 minutes, you mean with the one your in love with, five minutes after getting together? If not, that is a little strange. You could work that out

Ryaan
07-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Don't stress about it, just talk about it and get it off your chest, coming here is a good choice because your problem is mind over matter problem, you have to break your fear by over coming it.

Ryaan
07-22-2013, 05:21 PM
You don't mean falling in love in 5 minutes, you mean with the one your in love with, five minutes after getting together? If not, that is a little strange. You could work that out

I think what she's trying to say is that when shes confronted by someone she finds attractive she starts to freak out, it's like being at the fair and being scared to shit of the roller coaster, but then someone convinces you to try it, and you love it, And you come back for more.

EMAR
07-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Judging from my past, I fall hardcore in love every 10 years, so I have to take my chances and admit my problem, have them freak out, and wait another 10 years for someone new to risk vomiting on, lol?

Honestly, I don't know who to turn to. Anxiety is a debilitating problem and I feel for members of this forum who experience this every day! I feel like I should just keep quiet about my little "love" problems in comparison. But I don't know where to turn to, shrinks are not an option and no matter what kind of research I do online, I can't seem to find anyone suffering this much when falling in love. I've heard of people getting extremely nervous of course, but not up to the point where it prevents one from having a relationship. I just don't know who to turn to...

frankzito
07-22-2013, 05:28 PM
I think what she's trying to say is that when shes confronted by someone she finds attractive she starts to freak out, it's like being at the fair and being scared to shit of the roller coaster, but then someone convinces you to try it, and you love it, And you come back for more.

I see, well said. I'm pretty gullible lol

EMAR
07-22-2013, 05:28 PM
No, I definitely don't fall in love within 5 minutes. Let's say I'm fine when I first meet the person (because I'm not in love) and as time passes, I develop an infatuation for the guy and it's at this point that I can't move forward. Just think of someone you knew, that moment when you realized you were attracted to them. Normal people would start flirting, I run to the bathroom and barf! Can't keep the conversation going, can't tell the person what's wrong, and obviously the guy's going to get offended if I disappear every 3 minutes.

laurentellez
07-22-2013, 05:31 PM
I remember being madly In love about ten years ago. When I wasn't with her, my heart would beat thinking of her. Real love lol

Thats soo cute Jason :)

Ryaan
07-22-2013, 05:32 PM
You be aight nigguh, your probly just stressed to begin with

frankzito
07-22-2013, 05:33 PM
Thats soo cute Jason :)

Thank you dear Lauren :-)

frankzito
07-22-2013, 05:34 PM
You be aight nigguh, your probly just stressed to begin with

If your saying what I think your saying? That's funny shit lol

EMAR
07-22-2013, 05:37 PM
I feel like a freak because I still haven't met anyone who's gone through this, no one I can identify with. I guess I'll just stick to "safe" relationships that make me feel normal and in control...,But they're so dull in comparison!

frankzito
07-22-2013, 05:44 PM
I feel like a freak because I still haven't met anyone who's gone through this, no one I can identify with. I guess I'll just stick to "safe" relationships that make me feel normal and in control...,But they're so dull in comparison!

I'm sure your not the only one :-)

EMAR
07-22-2013, 05:48 PM
Well it sure feels like it! You have 253 posts, have you ever come across this problem? Most people with anxiety tell me that once they got into a good relationship, it reduced their anxiety. I'm the complete opposite, I'm laid back, as stress-free as can be, I have normal relationships but once I'm hardcore in love, I get so anxious that the only way I can feel better is to avoid the object of my affection..Why?! It makes absolutely no sense.

frankzito
07-22-2013, 05:54 PM
I myself have not, or nobody I've been with. At least not that I knew of .

EMAR
07-22-2013, 06:00 PM
You see! So alone...And freakish.

I actually wonder what would happen if by some miracle I got past the vomiting and flirting to actual sex. Would I faint or die during sex, lol? I haven't even gotten that far to know how much more serious my problem can get. Christ!

I'll try and use some of the techniques on this forum but I don't feel like I have the same problems..

frankzito
07-22-2013, 06:05 PM
You see! So alone...And freakish.

I actually wonder what would happen if by some miracle I got past the vomiting and flirting to actual sex. Would I faint or die during sex, lol? I haven't even gotten that far to know how much more serious my problem can get. Christ!

I'll try and use some of the techniques on this forum but I don't feel like I have the same problems..

I'm Curious myself, give it a try. Do you want sex
really bad?