PDA

View Full Version : Lost relationships

defmunel
07-22-2013, 11:16 AM
I'm only writing this here to put into words the way I feel.

At the beginning of this year, my brother left his wife and three kids. He made some pretty bad mistakes, and instead of owning them, he ran away. This created a huge divide amongst my entire family.

Before any of it happened, we were all so close and supportive. I believed that my family would be there for me through anything. No questions asked.

Well, around this same time of my brothers split, I miscarried. I was a mess. I believed I was going to die because of some of the symptoms I was having. I really was a wreck. Two of my brothers are in the medical field. One is a PA, the other finishing up med school for psychiatry.

I would bug them a lot about my symptoms. Texting them a lot. They just began not replying or answering my phone calls.

Then my mom called and told me I need to back off, and deal with my anxiety with people who care. That I was ruining my relationships. I took that as my brothers were being bothered. So I texted an apology, and that I'd leave them alone about it.

Even now, 6 months later, they won't talk to me. We live in different states, so we can't socialize on a more personal level.

Anyway, I thought I had gotten past all of it. I let time go, and realized there is nothing more that I can do.

Then my sister called. She had all of my siblings and dad over to her house for a get together. Two of my three brothers are not on speaking terms because of the divorce. So one left quietly, and wouldn't talk to anyone about it.

I miss the days when we could support one another. Where there was love, friendship and trust. Now i feel so much alone in my family. I hate not speaking to them. Ive tried, but I don't want to become annoying or pushy. It's their choice.

I'm going to visit my family tomorrow. I thought I was going to see one of my brothers, and I was looking forward to visiting with him without the anxiety or health questions. But he has changed his plans, and now I won't see him. It broke my heart.

I feel like my brothers are running away from me, even though we haven't spoken in such a long time. What more can I do....I just have to accept and move on. My previous behaviors and anxiety has literally ruined those relationships. It makes me not want to go visit. It hurts when I feel that my own family doesn't love me. This wasn't how we were raised.

Cry fest over. I have to move on.