PDA

View Full Version : high anxiety for days after binge drinking

johnzandt
07-18-2013, 07:36 AM
Hi all,

I know I'm only doing this for reassurance as I already know the answer but who else gets bad anxiety and the mental symptoms for up to a week after a few days of binge drinking?

bonehead
07-18-2013, 07:42 AM
I always get a really funky anxiety-riddled depression kinda thing for several days after having letting it all hang out.

Mrs2B
07-18-2013, 07:42 AM
I get this anytime Ive overindulged.. really anxious hangover day obviously, then the next day a little better until about the fourth day when I feel back to normal again, really sucks..

bonehead
07-18-2013, 07:52 AM
alcohol causes magnesium excretion through the urine and severely depletes B vitamins.. this causes the symptoms of depression, anxiety, mental confusion etc.

alankay
07-18-2013, 09:25 AM
Heck yeah the alcohol releases GABA(calming neurotransmitter) so you're more anxious until it builds back up. An all so common issue. Alankay

Marlow
07-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Alcohol is so nice that night, but it always makes your sober hours hell.

kelliesean
07-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Hi all,

I know I'm only doing this for reassurance as I already know the answer but who else gets bad anxiety and the mental symptoms for up to a week after a few days of binge drinking?

I have a really difficult time after drinking, when I am going through a bout of anxiety.. It's rough..

And if you read about it.. Alcohol causes anxiety in the long run.. Also depletes the body of magnesium which a lot of people theorize that low magnesium causes anxiety..

Best to take extra care of ourselves so that everything is balanced and we don't create the perfect conditions for anxiety..

I know this is hard lol.. I do enjoy having a few ;)..

But I can have 2 or 3 and be fine when I am doing well..

kelliesean
07-18-2013, 10:26 AM
alcohol causes magnesium excretion through the urine and severely depletes B vitamins.. this causes the symptoms of depression, anxiety, mental confusion etc.

I shd have read your post.. I just said something like .. Lol