PDA

View Full Version : What bugs you most?

Stephj526
07-15-2013, 07:31 PM
I thought it might be fun to talk about what bugs us most about anxiety. What symptom absolutely drives you crazy?

I have 2. First is chest pain. So annoying. And my biggest nemesis. Then it's the fact that anxiety changes so often! It goes from one symptom to another so easily. It's a sneaky little jerk that keeps us guessing!

What's yours?

frankzito
07-15-2013, 07:35 PM
I have to agree chest pain is by far the worst and scariest. It hurts even when I push on it. I've said before in here, it feels to me what getting over heart surgery should feel like. But I wouldn't know lol another thing that really gets me is sudden unsuspecting sounds, make me panic!

HealingTime
07-15-2013, 07:38 PM
The sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that pulses with every single breath.

And then the hyperventilating when I start to panic..... the feeling of detaching from my body and losing control of my thoughts.

Stephj526
07-15-2013, 07:39 PM
I have to agree chest pain is by far the worst and scariest. It hurts even when I push on it. I've said before in here, it feels to me what getting over heart surgery should feel like. But I wouldn't know lol another thing that really gets me is sudden unsuspecting sounds, make me panic!

I can totally relate to that! Especially the sounds.

shellsjack
07-15-2013, 07:39 PM
Actually today the scariest happened to me. I had my heart pounding about 3x the normal speed and my hands were numb and tingly and the a wave of internal heat came over my chest and head. Lasted about 10 minutes from onset ( minimal finger shaking) to end ( talking myself thru it). I get facial numbness when anxious but this heart pounding thing was the WORST. It's the fact of never knowing how it will manifest that's the most annoying.

Stephj526
07-15-2013, 07:40 PM
Oh! I forgot how much I hate the breathing issues! Feeling like I'm not breathing right, so I try to control my breathing. That just leads to panic. Or forcing myself to yawn, haha

Stephj526
07-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Actually today the scariest happened to me. I had my heart pounding about 3x the normal speed and my hands were numb and tingly and the a wave of internal heat came over my chest and head. Lasted about 10 minutes from onset ( minimal finger shaking) to end ( talking myself thru it). I get facial numbness when anxious but this heart pounding thing was the WORST. It's the fact of never knowing how it will manifest that's the most annoying.

Yes! The not knowing is torture! Sorry you had a panic attack today, hopefully you are feeling better now.

frankzito
07-15-2013, 07:43 PM
The sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that pulses with every single breath.

And then the hyperventilating when I start to panic..... the feeling of detaching from my body and losing control of my thoughts.

The feeling in the stomach is bad too. Feels like something terrible has happened

majesty
07-15-2013, 07:44 PM
I would say the random sharp pains I get and the feeling that I'm not breathing correctly.

shellsjack
07-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Ughhh. And when you do have a bad day you get. So in tune with your body that its all you focus on that only makes it worse.

HealingTime
07-15-2013, 07:52 PM
The feeling in the stomach is bad too. Feels like something terrible has happened

YES! I used to think it was a premonition all this time..... The deeper the breath the worst the feeling in my stomach. Is it bedtime yet? UGH!

frankzito
07-15-2013, 08:20 PM
YES! I used to think it was a premonition all this time..... The deeper the breath the worst the feeling in my stomach. Is it bedtime yet? UGH!

Bedtime, has become my bestime. It used to be my worst. I like waking up in the middle of the night feeling good and going back to sleep . Hope you feel better :)

HealingTime
07-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Bedtime, has become my bestime. It used to be my worst. I like waking up in the middle of the night feeling good and going back to sleep . Hope you feel better :)

Mine too! I love being in a deep sleep flopping over to a different position and drifting off again. I LOVE SLEEP!

frankzito
07-15-2013, 08:36 PM
It's the best

Nara
07-15-2013, 08:49 PM
Dizzyness !

RAIDER805
07-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Dizzyness !

Yup! Dizziness

Stephj526
07-15-2013, 09:12 PM

I'm so jealous that bedtime is your best time! I dread bedtime.

frankzito
07-15-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm so jealous that bedtime is your best time! I dread bedtime.

Maybe it could change for you like it did me. I couldn't sleep for a whole month when it began. And Gradually I got my sleep back, but still wake up on average three times a night. But I like it now
:-)

aclockworkrystn
07-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Definitely chest pains/tightness and shortness of breath. And any kind of tingling. Always sets me right off. I've had a few times where my arms and hands went numb; that was terrifying. The first time it happened I was on a bus and was certain I was going to die. I even stood up to go tell the bus driver he had to call 911 but I somehow stopped myself and calmed down. Really, I hate all anxiety symptoms but those are usually the scariest to me.

kelly83a
07-15-2013, 11:20 PM
Mine is the being "afraid" to do things that I use to do, heavy breathing, light headed, feeling like I'm going to pass out...and many more to add! I despise anxiety, and wish none of us ever had to experience it! Will I ever be normal again, who knows, but I wish you all the best and success with getting through this demon! X

Bam77
07-15-2013, 11:36 PM
Dizziness for me

laurentellez
07-15-2013, 11:48 PM
Amen I agree.. dizziness hate it

sharacel91
07-16-2013, 12:30 AM
Mine is chest pains and palpertaions!

raggamuffin
07-16-2013, 02:26 AM
Don't let it bug you. Symptoms, pains or whatever. Letting it bug you means anger, responding with emotions. Remain apathetic towards symptoms. Accept it's anxiety. The symptoms can't be fought and shouldn't be feared. Let them come and go. Let them do as they please and always maintain the realization it's anxiety and can't hurt you. Takes practice but it's the key first step to overcoming anxiety. Your body wants to heal itself its sending out symptoms to let you know its stressed. Do it a favour, leave it be, it'll heal itself in time.

Ed

angieproc1977
07-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Palpitations for me .. x

locksey
07-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Palpitations for me .. x

Hey .... How ru ? I don't come on here that often anymore but came on tonight and seeing names I haven't seen on here for sum time :-)

kelliesean
07-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Yeah .. I HATE the palpitations- scare the crap out of me always .. Grrrr

shellsjack
07-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Yeah .. I HATE the palpitations- scare the crap out of me always .. Grrrr

Are palpitations when your heart beats super fast for a few minutes during an attack???

kelliesean
07-16-2013, 04:06 PM
Are palpitations when your heart beats super fast for a few minutes during an attack???

Yeah! But palpitations can pop up out of no where too! Soooo aggravating, bc for me- I always assume "THIS is the time I'm reaaalllyy having a heart attack!!" Smh..

aclockworkrystn
07-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Yeah! But palpitations can pop up out of no where too! Soooo aggravating, bc for me- I always assume "THIS is the time I'm reaaalllyy having a heart attack!!" Smh..

Ugh I have that exact thought whenever I get palpitations! It's like I never learn. So frustrating.

frankzito
07-16-2013, 04:44 PM

Yeah, if its a good one, you think that every time! It sucks!

kelliesean
07-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Yeah, if its a good one, you think that every time! It sucks!

Yep! And this is why I list palpitations as the most annoying anxiety symptom for me..

Rickk90
07-16-2013, 05:37 PM
Yep! And this is why I list palpitations as the most annoying anxiety symptom for me..

I agree.
I hate palpitations, had some this morning /:

mistiblue
07-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Muscle tension leading to pain and shortness of breath, which always makes my chest area sore.
I also hate being scared I'm going to die and thinking the worst about everything!!

str8trippin
07-17-2013, 03:59 PM
Muscle tension leading to pain and shortness of breath, which always makes my chest area sore.
I also hate being scared I'm going to die and thinking the worst about everything!!

Agree with this so much! My muscle tension leads to tension headaches which are by far my worst symptom when I get them...they are what debilitate me the most because they make me unable to focus on anything and sometimes make me feel extremely dizzy, which in turn makes it even harder to focus. Also agree wholeheartedly with the second thing about being scared you're going to die all the time. I always laugh when counselors or doctors ask me if I have any suicidal thoughts...not that I think it's a funny subject, by any means, but I'm the complete opposite of having suicidal thoughts!