PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

Rickk90
07-15-2013, 11:36 AM
ok so even though i try keeping a positive mindset I still get these awful feeling; shortness of breath and heart palpitations.
I get them when I exercise and when I drive on the freeway.
Don't have insurance but have had all tests done except an angiogram to checked for blocked arteries. Should i consider doing this test or is it anxiety?

str8trippin
07-15-2013, 11:46 AM
In all honesty, keeping a positive mindset is way easier said than done, especially when you are physically feeling like crap. I'm this way lately with my headaches...I have a "tension headache" (so I'm told) pretty much constantly...nothing gets rid of them and as much as I've been reassured that is what it is, and as much as I try and stay positive and not let it bother me, it's really debilitating and hard not to be thinking that something is wrong with my head! From the sound of it, it's definitely anxiety, what you are experiencing, especially if you've had other tests to rule out your heart.

Rickk90
07-15-2013, 11:54 AM
In all honesty, keeping a positive mindset is way easier said than done, especially when you are physically feeling like crap. I'm this way lately with my headaches...I have a "tension headache" (so I'm told) pretty much constantly...nothing gets rid of them and as much as I've been reassured that is what it is, and as much as I try and stay positive and not let it bother me, it's really debilitating and hard not to be thinking that something is wrong with my head! From the sound of it, it's definitely anxiety, what you are experiencing, especially if you've had other tests to rule out your heart.

How long have you had your headaches for?
and having a positive mindset really is a tough task.
At times I just want to accept that it's only my anxiety but then I have people tell me that my tests might need further imaging since a angiogram is the only way to really rule it out and by the time I hear that my anxiety increases even more.

vic
07-15-2013, 12:32 PM
The more you worry the more you panic which equals your heart rate changing stress can cause alsorts of problems as well as heart problems but that's I'd you are constantly stressed for years on end. You seem as tho your healthy and you exercise regular so hopefully your just over thinking your panic palpitations what I do wen my heart starts racing is to breath in through my nose count to 4 hold for 3 and breath out your mouth as long as you can when we panic we breath faster hyperventilate and cause light headed ness and are heart beats fasters one because are adrenaline has kicked in and are flight or fight mode which in turn increases the heart. I knw it's hard but just try and distract your self when driving I sum times sing or hum which can help me gud luck and keep well ;)

Rickk90
07-15-2013, 12:56 PM
The more you worry the more you panic which equals your heart rate changing stress can cause alsorts of problems as well as heart problems but that's I'd you are constantly stressed for years on end. You seem as tho your healthy and you exercise regular so hopefully your just over thinking your panic palpitations what I do wen my heart starts racing is to breath in through my nose count to 4 hold for 3 and breath out your mouth as long as you can when we panic we breath faster hyperventilate and cause light headed ness and are heart beats fasters one because are adrenaline has kicked in and are flight or fight mode which in turn increases the heart. I knw it's hard but just try and distract your self when driving I sum times sing or hum which can help me gud luck and keep well ;)

I try some methods but its so hard to control it at times.
And I am healthy
Ive been exercising for 4 years, also a personal trainer
But now I can't do anything because of this /:

str8trippin
07-15-2013, 01:46 PM
How long have you had your headaches for?
and having a positive mindset really is a tough task.
At times I just want to accept that it's only my anxiety but then I have people tell me that my tests might need further imaging since a angiogram is the only way to really rule it out and by the time I hear that my anxiety increases even more.

My headaches have been pretty much daily since the end of May. I've had countless headaches before, and was never particularly concerned by them, but these headaches were different...a lot of pressure in my head (as opposed to pain) and leaving me unable to focus, sleep, anything because they are so disconcerting and uncomfortable, so they had/have me freaked. I ended up in the ER for them one night because they were so bad I couldn't even stand it, and because I was starting to get worried about how long I'd had it going on, and they gave me Toradol and Phenergren, which made me feel even worse than I started out. The ER doctor assured me it's a tension headache and I've since seen my primary doctor who didn't indicate I should be worried about anything serious and decided to do some c-spine x-ray's to see if something is out of alignment, which I haven't gotten the results from yet (along with a second round of blood work...first round was normal). Ibuprofen and Tylenol don't do anything for them...and neither does anything else, at least not that I've found yet. At any rate, I keep telling myself that considering it's basically been two months of this, it's probably nothing serious or I'd have some other symptoms along with it. You'd think, anyway. But it's VERY hard to think nothing is wrong when it's so physically debilitating! Health anxiety is a nightmare. I feel like such a different person since my anxiety started...it's ruining my life.

Rickk90
07-15-2013, 01:55 PM
My headaches have been pretty much daily since the end of May. I've had countless headaches before, and was never particularly concerned by them, but these headaches were different...a lot of pressure in my head (as opposed to pain) and leaving me unable to focus, sleep, anything because they are so disconcerting and uncomfortable, so they had/have me freaked. I ended up in the ER for them one night because they were so bad I couldn't even stand it, and because I was starting to get worried about how long I'd had it going on, and they gave me Toradol and Phenergren, which made me feel even worse than I started out. The ER doctor assured me it's a tension headache and I've since seen my primary doctor who didn't indicate I should be worried about anything serious and decided to do some c-spine x-ray's to see if something is out of alignment, which I haven't gotten the results from yet (along with a second round of blood work...first round was normal). Ibuprofen and Tylenol don't do anything for them...and neither does anything else, at least not that I've found yet. At any rate, I keep telling myself that considering it's basically been two months of this, it's probably nothing serious or I'd have some other symptoms along with it. You'd think, anyway. But it's VERY hard to think nothing is wrong when it's so physically debilitating! Health anxiety is a nightmare. I feel like such a different person since my anxiety started...it's ruining my life.

Sounds pretty intense, i'm guessing you feel more of a pressure sensation rather than aching pain right?
And yeah, health anxiety kills everything. I used to be into taking my car to the track and racing but now I can't/:
hopefully the studies i've had done are enough to rule out any heart disease.

vic
07-15-2013, 01:57 PM
I try some methods but its so hard to control it at times.
And I am healthy
Ive been exercising for 4 years, also a personal trainer
But now I can't do anything because of this /:

Hopefully you will find ways of control think of how you felt before you started to worry and panic and try and get back to that care free you and slowly re build your self back to you again ;) it can be done our minds are very strong if we can learn fear and panic then we can learn to relax and be happy and enjoy the things we once did ;)

str8trippin
07-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Sounds pretty intense, i'm guessing you feel more of a pressure sensation rather than aching pain right?
And yeah, health anxiety kills everything. I used to be into taking my car to the track and racing but now I can't/:
hopefully the studies i've had done are enough to rule out any heart disease.

Yes, it's basically all pressure...and I definitely have a TON of tension in my neck, don't have a full range of motion in my left shoulder, so I won't be surprised if something is out of whack. It really sucks when you stop doing things you enjoy because the anxiety is too overwhelming. And the health anxiety makes you feel like a total crazy because it's hard to explain to people what it's like to physically feel like something is wrong but keep on being told that nothing is, and yet still have all the same physical symptoms or sensations. If you've never experienced this kind or level of anxiety it's really hard to understand so it seems like people just end up thinking you're insane.