PDA

View Full Version : losing control

anangel4me
10-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Hi there everyone. I am sorry that I have not been participating in the forum now for a couple of weeks. I had some anxiety that turned in to a panic attack about two or three sundays ago. A friend of the family came over on a sunday like I said two or three sundays ago to show me his new vehicle. He asked if I would like to go for a ride and I said yes. I had a long stressful day at work and I thought going for a ride would make me relax. Well no, it didn't. I lost total control. 20 minutes into the ride I wanted to get home. And I wanted to get home right away. I started sweating and I couldn't breathe. I was getting upset because this guy was going 30 on a 35 where I would have gone 40 on a 35. He seemed to take forever to get me home and to top it off he was going a different route. I didn't know if I was just going to jump out of the car or reach over to the steering wheel so that I could drive. I finally got home and just ran inside and washed my face and was able to catch my breath. I felt pretty bad but I didn't know for who, for him or for me. He tried to hold my hand as he was driving my hand and I just moved my hand out of his because during my anxiety or panic attacks I need to be in control. I was the passenger this time when usually I am the driver and being the driver I am in control. I will be participating more often now that I am feeling better. :wink:

babycristy
10-29-2005, 10:09 PM
Sorry to hear about what happened to you. I feel like that too sometimes, when I panic and other people are next to me, and I can't "escape". It is very humiliating for me. I hope your guy understood. :(