PDA

View Full Version : Right now... Im gonna die.

TisdaleLondon
07-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Hi..

I have been having this panic/anxiety attack for 6 days running (non-stop!) It's my worst yet as this is the first time I have started getting left/right arm pains and aches... The left side of my mouth feels like it's drooping! Everyday I fear for my life; constantly thinking I am going to have a heart attack or stroke... I have had an ecg, blood tests, heart echo - everything came back clear! I have been diagnosed with anxiety/panic disorder but I find it difficult to believe the doctors. I am so worried and scared... I have also been put on a beta-blocker (propanolol, not sure of the spelling, haha!) I read the symptoms and automatically decided not to take it...

I would really appreciate some advice?

Thank you so much!

xx

kelliesean
07-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Hi..

I have been having this panic/anxiety attack for 6 days running (non-stop!) It's my worst yet as this is the first time I have started getting left/right arm pains and aches... The left side of my mouth feels like it's drooping! Everyday I fear for my life; constantly thinking I am going to have a heart attack or stroke... I have had an ecg, blood tests, heart echo - everything came back clear! I have been diagnosed with anxiety/panic disorder but I find it difficult to believe the doctors. I am so worried and scared... I have also been put on a beta-blocker (propanolol, not sure of the spelling, haha!) I read the symptoms and automatically decided not to take it...

I would really appreciate some advice?

Thank you so much!

xx

Hi Tisdale! I'm so sorry your going through such a rough time.. That stinks!!

What you are describing above we here in this forum can all relate to.. It's very much what we all have gone through or are going through..

I understand being anxious about taking the meds too!! I do that!

But I wd say take the meds.. I have read a lot of people fm the UK take them and feel relief..

And if you are feeling so so badly maybe just go to the ER, bc they can maybe give you an anti anxiety there.

Most of all I wd say get into therapy ASAP and if needed get on a strong anti depressant tht will knock all that madness out!

I have been there.. Believe me.. As hard as it is to believe (seems to be part of the illness lol).. Your drs are right.. And the meds will help, not hurt you..

Bam77
07-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Looking up side effects is the worst thing to do. Well besides googling symptoms. I did both both for a long time and it made me worse. The beta blocker will help relax you. My mom is on 3 different types of bp meds and is doing fine.

kelliesean
07-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Looking up side effects is the worst thing to do. Well besides googling symptoms. I did both both for a long time and it made me worse. The beta blocker will help relax you. My mom is on 3 different types of bp meds and is doing fine.

I agree with everything bam is saying.

And YES! Do NOT read side effects!! I can understand how one would want to be informed about what they will be putting into their bodies.. I usually ask my husband to read the side effects.. He keeps it to himself.. And then I know that if I say "my ear is funny. " and if he knows there is an issue w that he can say so..
Although that has never come down to tht.. Which is even more evidence that we are fine..

TisdaleLondon
07-12-2013, 11:10 AM
Thank you so much!

I was just really worried about the symptoms I am geting.. weird mouth ... stroke? I have been checked out and surelly something would have shown up? I am still really young.. I guess its just an anxiety sensation... xx

kelliesean
07-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Thank you so much!

I was just really worried about the symptoms I am geting.. weird mouth ... stroke? I have been checked out and surelly something would have shown up? I am still really young.. I guess its just an anxiety sensation... xx

It is.. Especially if you have been checked out and found to be all good.. That's what I have done. And almost everyone here can say they have done or do lol.. It's anxiety. And it sucks lol..

I am recovering fm a relapse.. But feeling really well..

TisdaleLondon
07-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Yeah... It does not help I have a headache on the right side now..

It's reallly scary... So the drooping mouth sensation is part of anxiety?

I am glad your recovering.... :) Stay strong.

kelliesean
07-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Yeah... It does not help I have a headache on the right side now..

It's reallly scary... So the drooping mouth sensation is part of anxiety?

I am glad your recovering.... :) Stay strong.

Thanks Tisdale :)

Well.. If u have been cleared for everything medically then yes. It's anxiety.. Anxiety has the mind and body do some pretty wild things.. Crazy.. Smh..

TisdaleLondon
07-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Thank you so much!

I am getting really sharp pains in my left side of my chest.. I really cant do this anymore...

Hope your doing ok!

em1
07-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Thank you so much!

I am getting really sharp pains in my left side of my chest.. I really cant do this anymore...

Hope your doing ok!

Yes you can and yes you will,you are strong you are heathy,it's all the anxiety it's nothing more than that,please
Feel free to inbox me anytime your worried

TisdaleLondon
07-13-2013, 03:27 PM
Yes you can and yes you will,you are strong you are heathy,it's all the anxiety it's nothing more than that,please
Feel free to inbox me anytime your worried

THANK YOU! :) xx

mistiblue
07-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Tisdale- you can do it. Although we don't feel like it, each day is a gift. Anxiety can manifest itself in so many ways. I deal with so much pain in body! I wake up each day with pain somewhere new, but I just thank God for the strength to keep on going. I know it's hard, but you can do it!! I think people who suffer with anxiety are some of the strongest people on earth!! Hope your feeling better!