PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Adam123
07-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Silly me not introducing myself! Only joined tonight hi everyone. I'm Adam.
I have anxiety. Some days are ok most are rubbish. Over thinking random small things like I don't know: what I need to do tomorrow but going over my daily plan in my head. To the point where I can't actually relax. Does that make sense?

Glad to have found this forum and I'm not alone. Already feeling good now sharing this. Never told anyone before, 18 months or so now I am. Just been battling it myself feel daft but somedays are ok.

Adam

charlie87
07-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Hi Adam I'm another newbie here too :)

I understand exactly how you feel, I've spent many nights stressing about the day ahead for silly little reasons.

Like you I'm hoping to learn from everyone on here as I feel like I can't talk to anyone I know :)

Charlie x

Adam123
07-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Hi Charlie - always thought I was alone until tonight reading this forum. How you doing tonight? After joining the forum I've been calm and really trying to relax so far so good only been two hours but knowing others like you are like me helps. Do you just over think things then attacks start? Like gasping for air? Not asthma just anxiety doing its thing.

charlie87
07-11-2013, 04:36 PM
I'm feeling a little stressed tonight but reading through the forums seems to be settling me, like you say it's a huge relief to know I'm not alone :)

Sometimes I can be overthinking things when an attack starts, sometimes there's no explanation at all - it's very weird! But at least now I know there's nothing seriously wrong and I can calm down a lot quicker.

Congrats on a relaxed couple of hours - keep chilling and it will soon be a whole day

Charlie x

Adam123
07-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Agree - Before I was thinking about tomorrow and what I'm doing - that's fine but I kept thinking about it again. And again, kept promising myself that's it relax stop over thinking but after about ten attempts I snapped out of it and stopped. That something you do?

It's been a while since I had a day over not been anxious about anything. Still calm now I'll try hard tomorrow.

charlie87
07-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Yeah that's exactly the sort of thing I do. I think through the same thing over and over again which then sends me into a spiral of worrying that the initial worrying has left me with little time to sleep - argh!! Then I'm tired all day and worrying that I'm making mistakes at work.

Don't beat yourself up if you start feeling anxious - just think how well you've done in keeping calm up to that point :)

Charlie x

Adam123
07-11-2013, 05:03 PM
How long have you been this anxious? What do you do to stop and relax?

Thanks for the replies means a lot to know its not just me and someone understands exactly what I'm on about!

charlie87
07-11-2013, 05:08 PM
It's hard to say - the symptoms got to the point of me having to get myself checked out about 10 months ago but I only really got an answer of it being anxiety a couple of weeks ago.

I think I've had this for a long time tho, I always just thought I was going through a stressful time or was just generally a worrier. It's only now that I can see what it was - nevermind tho, getting back to normal now!

I don't really know what to do to try and relax, all I can do is just wait for it to be over when I have an attack.

I really appreciate your replies too!

Charlie x

Adam123
07-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Like me - I'll really try today to be in control with my anxiety. Won't be easy I understand. I'm normally weak with it and allow my mind to over think and I go with it. Can't control it. Happens whenever.

Well pleased your better - if you can I can!

charlie87
07-11-2013, 05:19 PM
All you can do is try your best, there's no good in putting pressure on yourself :)

I know it'll be a long way to feeling like my normal self but I know I can do it :)

Charlie x

Adam123
07-11-2013, 05:22 PM
You can do it, I can do it. Beat it.

charlie87
07-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Of course we can :)

This isn't a permanent thing I hope

Charlie x

Adam123
07-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Reading so many posts tonight it's not. And we are not alone. Pleased to have found this forum. I hope today can be another step in the direction for everyone.

Lin
07-13-2013, 10:37 PM
Welcome Adam to the forum. I hope you find it as helpful as I have. Just to get a response from someone gives me a lift and on here reading other's posts you can feel 'normal' which is great.

charlie87
07-25-2013, 04:23 AM
Hey Adam I can't message you back, it's saying your inbox is full!

Charlie x