PDA

View Full Version : Freaking Out...

str8trippin
07-10-2013, 02:00 PM
Okay, I've been MIA from the forum for a few days...not feeling good and what not...and just when I thought things were on the up and up, my day came crashing down around me. I just saw a new doctor yesterday, and she ordered x-rays of my c-spine (because of my daily tension headaches and thinking I could have a slightly rotated vertebrae) and more blood work to test my thyroid again, and to test my adrenal function (which could be contributing to my anxiety)...had the x-rays done yesterday and the blood work this morning, and now just waiting on results. At any rate, I was feeling better after seeing her just because she was so positive and reassuring that we are going to figure out what's going on with me one way or another. I had missed another three days of work because of the tension headaches and came back today, so I was already stressed about catching up on everything after being gone and then I got a Facebook message from an ex-partner of mine who told me that he has tested positive for HSV-2! As if the possibility of having HSV-2 isn't freaking me out enough, he was horribly insensitive and blaming...saying that his symptoms only showed up after being with me and it's obviously my fault that he has it now. I've NEVER tested positive for an STD in my life. I'm upset, and scared, and angry...and of course frustrated that he doesn't seem to think I have the right to be frustrated with the situation and especially with his attitude. So yet again I'm coming to you all for whatever wisdom you have to offer up today. I thought my day was going decent...making progress...whatever...and then BAM, he hits me with this and now I'm right back at square one!

Bam77
07-10-2013, 02:17 PM
How long have you guys been apart? There is a possibility he got it from someone else. Im with ya on the tension headaches.

str8trippin
07-10-2013, 02:29 PM
I was with him earlier this year (April, I think?), so not all that long ago, and it was only one time...but this is someone I've known for about four years, and trust, or at least thought I trusted. I've never had any symptoms of HSV or any reason to think I could have it...I don't even get cold sores (HSV-1) but with my current state of health anxiety, I'm in a panic, and feeling horribly embarrassed. Not to mention he's being a genuine @$$ about it, which I don't need. Obviously I've called my doctor's office and the nurse is going to call me back about getting tested either at the office or the hospital lab as soon as possible.

Bam77
07-10-2013, 02:35 PM
I can understand. Theres no reason to be embarrassed. Before I met my wife she had tested positive for an std. Her husband at the time of course blamed her. Well, come to find out he'd been cheating on her the whole time. He gave it to her. When it comes to HSV, from what I recall men will be more likely NOT to show symptoms. I would think you'd have symptoms by now. Especially if he is. Please try not to worry about this ( I know its easier said than done). People with our condition don't need anything extra to stress over.

str8trippin
07-10-2013, 02:43 PM
I also read that men are more likely to transmit HSV to women than women to men. Not only that, he first noticed "symptoms" nearly immediately after we were together...within 24 hours....and initially told me he was told by the doctor that it was candida. Now, all this time later, he's gone back for more tests because the symptoms haven't gone away, and he says he's positive for the HSV. Am I wrong to think it's possible for him to have been a carrier of HSV-2 before he was even with me?

Bam77
07-10-2013, 02:48 PM
He wouldn't have symptoms that fast. Honestly chances are slim that you'll have it. You're not wrong to think it. Anxiety will make you think about it over and over and over. I knew a woman who's boyfriend had it, she on the other hand was negative. They had been together quite a few times.

str8trippin
07-10-2013, 03:01 PM
I didn't figure that physical symptoms would show up that quickly. I think I'm just frustrated with the fact that his attitude is so poor about it, as if it can only be one way and not another, and obviously that's a way that places fault everywhere but on himself. If it's not one thing, it's another, I swear. And just when I think I'm going to stop getting poked (I'm a huge needle phobe, so getting blood drawn isn't exactly my favorite pastime), there's another reason for it! I already have health anxiety out the you know what...didn't need another thing to be worrying about and convincing myself that I have!