PDA

View Full Version : Intrusive thoughts would like to know about you :)

em1
07-08-2013, 04:44 AM
Hello I've had Intrusive thoughts for five weeks. Now,they have get less but I wanted to ask everyone if you have ever had them or have them still? How long did they last for and how did you get over them? :) as I'm Curious on others Situation
Thanks x

maliyasmummy
07-08-2013, 03:38 PM
I had them for 3 months the first time medication and rescue remedy helped a lot and they just kind of went away the 2nd time 3 weeks again rescue remedy and telling my brain the thoughts are not real a way to reassure yourself is test yourself I sometimes I had thoughts or what if thoughts that I might hurt my 3 year old something I knew I would never do but watch your reaction when they fall or when they cry or are hungry your instant reaction is to protect comfort and care so tell yourself that when u get these thoughts trust me there awful to live with but do eventually calm down/ go away x

Lorenz86
07-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Hi there EM1.. I've been having them for months now! They seem to go away whenever I am busy doing something. Playing basketball has helped me very much. These thought's seem to come on stronger before bedtime... Sometimes I cant fall asleep cause of cause it, but eventually sleep wins. Hang in there, you are not alone.

Dcoito
07-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Hi Emma.

Yes I have had those! It will will try to peak in on you too! It knows that this thought is something you fear the most of doing! It is stored somewhere in your sub conscious mind. Perhaps a negative thought, or worry that really bothered you at one point. The amygdala will store these thought as a danger, and can take over the rational part of the brain. If these thoughts are getting lighter, and lighter, but still exists. You need to retrain your amygdala! Take your deep breaths, until you feel your head clearing up. And say I'm not afraid. That thought is nonsense! Remember to alway do your relaxation! Everyday for ever! LOL. And breathing! That's what people like us need to do as a long term treatment for ourselves! You should read up on the amygdala. It's quite fascinating! You can also find some YouTube videos on it.

LOL who new something so small could be so powerful?

em1
07-09-2013, 02:53 AM
Hi Emma.

Yes I have had those! It will will try to peak in on you too! It knows that this thought is something you fear the most of doing! It is stored somewhere in your sub conscious mind. Perhaps a negative thought, or worry that really bothered you at one point. The amygdala will store these thought as a danger, and can take over the rational part of the brain. If these thoughts are getting lighter, and lighter, but still exists. You need to retrain your amygdala! Take your deep breaths, until you feel your head clearing up. And say I'm not afraid. That thought is nonsense! Remember to alway do your relaxation! Everyday for ever! LOL. And breathing! That's what people like us need to do as a long term treatment for ourselves! You should read up on the amygdala. It's quite fascinating! You can also find some YouTube videos on it.

LOL who new something so small could be so powerful?

Oh yes I've got a book on how panic attacks
Work etc and the amygdala is a very clear bugger lol I am doing well I know it's only thoughts I'm not scared of them now as much but they are Aggravating little buggers lol
How are you doing?

Dcoito
07-09-2013, 12:00 PM
I'm doing great! Glad to hear your doing better, they will continue to get weaker. Then without realizing it they disappear all together. I look back at some of mine, and ask myself wtf was all that about! One good thing was I talked about it with loved ones, I just opened it right up in detail. And that was so helpful. Even though they looked at me like I had 3 heads LOL. But laying an intrusive thought out for others to look at " to me" weakens it! And makes not just my own. If that makes any sense to you.

em1
07-09-2013, 12:08 PM
I'm doing great! Glad to hear your doing better, they will continue to get weaker. Then without realizing it they disappear all together. I look back at some of mine, and ask myself wtf was all that about! One good thing was I talked about it with loved ones, I just opened it right up in detail. And that was so helpful. Even though they looked at me like I had 3 heads LOL. But laying an intrusive thought out for others to look at " to me" weakens it! And makes not just my own. If that makes any sense to you.

I've done the same as you I've said to my whole family husband and friends what's going on as I know I would never do anything to harm anyone etc today I've hardly had many as I'm not scared of them as they are not real :) oh I know in the past I've thought really you thought you was going to die how many times and yet I'm still here lol