PDA

View Full Version : Ugh

MrsJ88
07-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Here we go... Husband left for his midnight work shift and I can feel the anxiety/panic coming... I feel my breathing is off.

laurentellez
07-07-2013, 10:45 PM
What makes u panicky about being alone??

MrsJ88
07-07-2013, 10:53 PM
What makes u panicky about being alone??

I have health anxiety and I'm always afraid something will happen and I'll just be stuck. I hate being alone... I start breathing funny then get dizzy, and then start to hyperventilate then fill blown panic

jfletch
07-07-2013, 11:18 PM
How do u handle your panic attacks?

raggamuffin
07-08-2013, 05:03 AM
Regulate your breathing to come down from the panic attack. Keep yourself busy and remember that there is no danger with being alone or in the company of others either. Anxiety is just warping your perception of where danger lies (when there is none there).

The more you rationalize the situations that get you anxious the less power anxiety has to stir up symptoms or panic attacks.

Ed

solta
07-08-2013, 05:11 AM
Like Ed said: keep yourself busy :) I clean the house from top to bottom while having the radio or TV turned on. It helps me a lot and gets my mind off things. Just remember that nothing bad will happen even if that's what it feels like. Everything is okay!

HealingTime
07-08-2013, 06:48 AM
Nicely said, Ed. Don't let the thoughts consume you. Put some music on dance around. Clean. Whatever I will take your mind off it.

I do now realize (since knowledge of these attacks is new to me) that I totally clean when I'm having one. It helps me focus my energy on something useful. The thoughts don't go away right away, but the more I scrub the more I spend myself. I clean hard. Baseboards. Kitchen floors on my hands and knees. That sort if thing. Amazing what I learn every day here.

MrsJ88
07-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Nicely said, Ed. Don't let the thoughts consume you. Put some music on dance around. Clean. Whatever I will take your mind off it.

I do now realize (since knowledge of these attacks is new to me) that I totally clean when I'm having one. It helps me focus my energy on something useful. The thoughts don't go away right away, but the more I scrub the more I spend myself. I clean hard. Baseboards. Kitchen floors on my hands and knees. That sort if thing. Amazing what I learn every day here.

I would do all those things mentioned but I live in an apartment and have a 7 month old. He and I sleep in the living room while my husband is gone cause I feel better that way (weird I know) so all lights are off and tv very low as to not wake the baby.

raggamuffin
07-09-2013, 01:01 AM
Read, Draw, take up knitting oir some such. might soujd silly but keep your mind as active as possible and it really will pay off in terms of reducing your symptoms.

Ed

HealingTime
07-09-2013, 05:58 AM
I would do all those things mentioned but I live in an apartment and have a 7 month old. He and I sleep in the living room while my husband is gone cause I feel better that way (weird I know) so all lights are off and tv very low as to not wake the baby.

Sudoku. Crosswords. Word searches. And a book light. Definitely find something that occupies your mind.

raggamuffin
07-09-2013, 06:00 AM
Or video games if your husband has any. They occupy your time amazingly. Just don't get addicted now ;)

Ed

MrsJ88
07-09-2013, 06:21 AM
Or video games if your husband has any. They occupy your time amazingly. Just don't get addicted now ;)

Ed

He definitely has video games lol... Black Ops, Call of Duty whatever they are all called lol