PDA

View Full Version : Are HIV and vitiligo related??!! Please help

Stacey1991
07-05-2013, 10:20 AM
I'm awaiting my HIV test results but over the past few months my body has become covered in white patches that resemble vitiligo.

My GP told me it was a fungal infection but no treatments have cleared it and its just spreading everywhere!

Can anyone tell me if HIV and vitiligo are related??

Marlow
07-05-2013, 10:28 AM
They arent, I had the same fungal infection. It started on my back and spread throughout my body. It is a build up of yeast in the skin. The cream took care of it. No worries, you are fine.

Marlow

Stacey1991
07-05-2013, 10:35 AM
I have tried several different creams and remedies and none will get rid of mine?? What did you use?

Dcoito
07-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Most fungal infections take quite some time to clear up. I never had that king of fungus. But I did have toenail fungus. And it took forever to clear up! Gotta be patient I guess and keep doing exactly what the doctor prescribed!

frankzito
07-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Most fungal infections take quite some time to clear up. I never had that king of fungus. But I did have toenail fungus. And it took forever to clear up! Gotta be patient I guess and keep doing exactly what the doctor prescribed!

So toenail fungus can be cured? I've got it on my little toes lol was wondering if its true

Dcoito
07-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Yes. Lol. Takes a lot of time and you have to apply anti fungal to it faithfully everyday! Or use tea tree oil.

frankzito
07-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Yes. Lol. Takes a lot of time and you have to apply anti fungal to it faithfully everyday! Or use tea tree oil.

Thank you!, it's not terrible , but I'm gonna try it out :)