PDA

View Full Version : At my breaking pont

gaza514
07-03-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm in a cycle that I can't leave my house anymore or I get panic attacks ( I tried pushing myself I was ok for abit now it's back). If I stay home I get depressed . Either way I'm fucked.

Hannah_28
07-03-2013, 02:20 PM
I know how u feel :/ do u have family or friends nearby who's house u could go to where I would feel a little safer or more relaxed?

nf1234
07-03-2013, 04:11 PM
I feel you brother im in the same boat. I was doing good for a while and bam and came back with a vengeance. Really just over it all. Try to hang in there. The storm has to let up eventually.

Turtleneck
07-03-2013, 04:21 PM
right there with you.. only make it through the work day every other day.. we will win in the long run I am confident!

frankzito
07-03-2013, 04:26 PM
I'm in a cycle that I can't leave my house anymore or I get panic attacks ( I tried pushing myself I was ok for abit now it's back). If I stay home I get depressed . Either way I'm fucked.

I've been there too and still am to an extent. I started going places other than work, which I can handle still . I found a peaceful Denny's I go to and it's help me to be able to go other places as well . Made friends with some of the employees and what not. Not much but a little something

ComputerGuy1989
07-03-2013, 05:20 PM

I feel your pain I can leave for max an hour or two and then I feel like I am going go into cardiac arrest any second. Have you tried CBT or meds sometime the right combo can be a life saver. Stay strong man

gaza514
07-03-2013, 07:28 PM
I feel your pain I can leave for max an hour or two and then I feel like I am going go into cardiac arrest any second. Have you tried CBT or meds sometime the right combo can be a life saver. Stay strong man

i tried Cbt but getting there was the problem. i stopped going, i have ativan for one year havent taking it im too scared. Tommorow my mom is coming over n im gna trt it. if i have a bad reaction thats it im done, fk this life im not staying like this

Bam77
07-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Im there with ya. Im pretty much homebound myself. I also had to quit my therapy. Ive looked and looked and cant find anyone to come to the house. Its very difficult and frustrating being agoraphobic. I do force myself to get out at times. Try something small at first, maybe even just hanging out on the porch. Work your way up from there. The Ativan will help get you started and bad reactions rarely happen. It will help you in the short term. It does suck but don't give up man.

fallingApart
07-03-2013, 10:53 PM
I know how you feel, I have struggled with agoraphobia for over 10 years now. There have been periods when it was almost non-existent but it always comes back. The way mine manifests though is in these kind of rules I have to follow in order to feel safe out of the house. The two main ones are that I must have my iphone and headphones so I can listen to music, and I always wear long sleeves (preferably a hoodie) and long pants. If I follow my rules I feel like I'm in a safe little bubble for the most part. I have the advantage of not having to go to work because I'm on SSDI but it can definitely make it very easy to just sit around the house until I get really depressed :( I know that what I do isn't necessarily healthy but it helps me function, maybe try thinking of things that can make you feel more comfortable outside the house?

Oh! And Ativan is wonderful stuff! When you first take it you will probably just get really tired and go to sleep but once you have a bit of a tolerance it can make being in the world so much easier! I wouldn't worry too much about bad reactions, benzodiazepines are really well tolerated, just make sure to follow your Drs dosing instructions. I hope it helps you.

nf1234
07-04-2013, 12:31 AM
i tried Cbt but getting there was the problem. i stopped going, i have ativan for one year havent taking it im too scared. Tommorow my mom is coming over n im gna trt it. if i have a bad reaction thats it im done, fk this life im not staying like this

Hang in there man. When I commented before I was having horrible anxiety and just so discouraged. Finally I just said f it and went out with some friends. The panic kicked in when I got there but I downed some rescue remedy and kept going. I seem to do better if im talking to people and socializing instead of sitting at home. Im always anxious about going out but it always ends up making me feel better.

Have you tried any natural alternatives?

gaza514
07-04-2013, 12:57 AM
Hang in there man. When I commented before I was having horrible anxiety and just so discouraged. Finally I just said f it and went out with some friends. The panic kicked in when I got there but I downed some rescue remedy and kept going. I seem to do better if im talking to people and socializing instead of sitting at home. Im always anxious about going out but it always ends up making me feel better.

Have you tried any natural alternatives?

No nothing , I think I'm going to wake up n be normal. I'm losing my mind

mistiblue
07-04-2013, 01:29 AM
Gaza- Although I don't have agoraphobia, I do get super anxious out in public.
I don't have much input concerning agoraphobia, but I just wanna say.... Hang in there. Tomorrows a new day. Try finding the positive aspects of your day. Is there a hobby or interest that can help you stay busy while at home? Sometimes this helps a person break the cycle. As for the Ativan, don't be afraid of it... That's what it's for, to help your anxiety. I take clonizapam and it has helped me chill a lot.

nf1234
07-04-2013, 01:36 AM
No nothing , I think I'm going to wake up n be normal. I'm losing my mind

For starters I would suggest magnesium. Many many many people have had huge success with it. It is totally safe and your not going to get side effects from it. Don't get magnesium oxide though, it is poorly absorbed. Magnesium citrate, mag taurate, and mag glycinate are all good forms.

If you want more info on it or anything natural than id be happy to fill you in. Google magnesium and anxiety if you want to find some info from other sources. I promise you the answers are out there. If what your doing isnt working try something new until it does.

bonehead
07-09-2013, 09:50 AM
magnesium +1. Slo-Mag from Walgreens worked like magic for me.

Spend 20 minutes today googling Magnesium and Anxiety

gaza514
07-10-2013, 01:30 AM
Just wanted to let everyone who posted here thats I'm feeling pretty much myself . I didn't try anything different but quit gambling on sports and stopped playing fifa 13 on ps3 for 4 hours plus a day.-

u4ea
07-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Ativan is the shit! Don't stress it, you won't have a reaction! It will help your quality of life; granted, it's not the best long term solution; but it will be a step in the right direction.

Oops, just read your last post - glad you're feeling better. Although, I'm not sure gambling and playing video games are the root cause of panic and agoraphobia?

gaza514
07-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Ativan is the shit! Don't stress it, you won't have a reaction! It will help your quality of life; granted, it's not the best long term solution; but it will be a step in the right direction.

Oops, just read your last post - glad you're feeling better. Although, I'm not sure gambling and playing video games are the root cause of panic and agoraphobia?

Not the cause but keeping me from relaxing I guess

antcee72
07-10-2013, 06:59 PM
I was like that for a while and if I did go anywhere i had to have someone with me. But only specific people. I still have a hard time going certain places alone. I have to do a lot of mental things to talk myself out of the anxiety. Ughhh