PDA

View Full Version : Feeling down

MrsJ88
07-01-2013, 09:05 PM
My family and I all went to a family fun place last weekend for my nephews birthday and they have a game I used to play (before having anxiety) where you jump rope kinda... And I jumped twice I think and afterwards my heart raced like no other and I struggled to get a deep breath. Freaked me out and irritated me that I played that game at 21 years old perfectly fine and now at 24 no way, had to stop. I want to enjoy life again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

em1
07-02-2013, 02:48 AM
My family and I all went to a family fun place last weekend for my nephews birthday and they have a game I used to play (before having anxiety) where you jump rope kinda... And I jumped twice I think and afterwards my heart raced like no other and I struggled to get a deep breath. Freaked me out and irritated me that I played that game at 21 years old perfectly fine and now at 24 no way, had to stop. I want to enjoy life again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello :) I know anxiety can really spoil things that you used to do and love,tho good for you for even giving it a go and thinking Positive about enjoying life again as I know we all will overcome this,it maybe a slow Journey but I know we will

MrsJ88
07-02-2013, 02:59 AM
Hello :) I know anxiety can really spoil things that you used to do and love,tho good for you for even giving it a go and thinking Positive about enjoying life again as I know we all will overcome this,it maybe a slow Journey but I know we will

Thanks for the positivity Em1!

em1
07-02-2013, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the positivity Em1!

Anytime :) I've had this for a long time now so I know it's not got to harm me tho I know how tired of it you can get but I think we all need to have Positive thoughts sometimes :)

HealingTime
07-02-2013, 07:48 AM
I think irritation is a good sign. It's a sign that you know it's irrational and that you are safe. You just have to work toward not letting it get the best of you, right? I want to enjoy life again too! I worry so much about so many things I wonder how I am ever happy. Key is, how do we chill that out and put those thoughts and feelings to bed so we can enjoy life again?

em1
07-02-2013, 07:53 AM
I think irritation is a good sign. It's a sign that you know it's irrational and that you are safe. You just have to work toward not letting it get the best of you, right? I want to enjoy life again too! I worry so much about so many things I wonder how I am ever happy. Key is, how do we chill that out and put those thoughts and feelings to bed so we can enjoy life again?

Hey Healingtime how's things today ?

HealingTime
07-02-2013, 08:56 AM
em1, things are good. Husband came home late... but he came home talking. He seems to be working his way past his childish funk. He and my son leave for their trip today and I'm looking forward to the space for both of us. I need a break from worrying all the time what I should and shouldn't do and say.

I'm still anxious.... but I feel calmer. I'm still worried what to say and what not to say and when to say what etc etc etc etc.... but today I have my 2nd therapy appointment and am feeling optimistic. It was a long hard 4 days for me....Thanks for asking!

em1
07-02-2013, 09:18 AM
em1, things are good. Husband came home late... but he came home talking. He seems to be working his way past his childish funk. He and my son leave for their trip today and I'm looking forward to the space for both of us. I need a break from worrying all the time what I should and shouldn't do and say.

I'm still anxious.... but I feel calmer. I'm still worried what to say and what not to say and when to say what etc etc etc etc.... but today I have my 2nd therapy appointment and am feeling optimistic. It was a long hard 4 days for me....Thanks for asking!

Well I hope you have a nice few days for yourself :)