PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like I can't swallow...

str8trippin
07-01-2013, 07:24 PM
I've been feeling great all day and now I'm sitting here watching TV and feeling for the last little while like I'm having a hard time swallowing. Obviously, I'm still breathing, my throat just feels uncomfortable, if that makes sense. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

kelliesean
07-01-2013, 07:30 PM
I've been feeling great all day and now I'm sitting here watching TV and feeling for the last little while like I'm having a hard time swallowing. Obviously, I'm still breathing, my throat just feels uncomfortable, if that makes sense. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Hi again :) I have experienced this.. Just like many of the other health anxieties I have/have had .. And then I get hyper focused on my swallowing.. Grrr..

I used to imagine all kinds of terrible reasons for why I couldn't swallow .. Smh..

Anxiety makes us feel like so many things are happening to us.. It's amazing..

Incidentally I am feeling a lot better these days bc of Zoloft.. But still just before as I too, was watching TV.. I got a strange sensation in my throat, almost chest.. And I freaked out for a few minutes bc I feared it was a heart attack.. Smh. Whewww..

str8trippin
07-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Hi again :) I have experienced this.. Just like many of the other health anxieties I have/have had .. And then I get hyper focused on my swallowing.. Grrr..

I used to imagine all kinds of terrible reasons for why I couldn't swallow .. Smh..

Anxiety makes us feel like so many things are happening to us.. It's amazing..

Incidentally I am feeling a lot better these days bc of Zoloft.. But still just before as I too, was watching TV.. I got a strange sensation in my throat, almost chest.. And I freaked out for a few minutes bc I feared it was a heart attack.. Smh. Whewww..

I get tired of this...I'm just working on getting through ONE day with out anything that pops up to try and haunt me! I thought today might be the day. Anxiety is such a trickster!

frankzito
07-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Had swallowing problems before anxiety, but yes this too I've gotten. And my throat will close up sometimes when I'm having a bad time with it.

Bam77
07-01-2013, 08:09 PM
I do it mainly at night, but I have sinus drainage and sometimes it does feel like I cant swallow.

frankzito
07-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Yeah, it seems like gotta try and concentrate like three times to get a good swallow

kelliesean
07-02-2013, 08:47 AM
I get tired of this...I'm just working on getting through ONE day with out anything that pops up to try and haunt me! I thought today might be the day. Anxiety is such a trickster!

Uughhhh I deeply sympathize with what you are saying here :((( I'm sorry that incident made you feel so defeated ..

There are so many frustrations with this godawful anxiety.. I look forward to better days, bc they will come for us all.. Already we are here seeking and receiving much needed support Xoxo