PDA

View Full Version : It Feels Like We are All Alone!

Desk Lady
07-01-2013, 04:07 PM
I have suffered my entire life from nerves, anxiety and fear. As I am sure we have all researched what our "diagnosis" may be, in my research I have come up with OCD Spectrum Disorder . . . a variation of be a hypochondric, who feels, no matter what a doctor tells them, that they HAVE a disease. My particular fear is that I WILL have a disease, so I am sick and fearful of doctor visits and medical tests. A big fear has always been breast cancer. This year my learning disabled sister was dx with breast cancer and as I am her only relative, I have lived this terrifying situation up close and personal . . . doctor visits, biopsies, MRI's, surgeries and now, radiation. I have been anxious, sick and scared ever since. I am seeing a psychiatrist who has put me on 100 mg of Zoloft daily and Ativan as needed. Also suggested I seek psychological counseling, which I am in the process of a 12 week program to treat anxiety disorders.

I am maybe 10% better but feel like I need Ativan's daily but am saving them for upcoming doctor visits, etc. Don't know how forthcoming my psychiatirst will be in refills.

As many, many of us are, I am alone in this and appreciate any helpful thoughts anyone in this community can give. In reading a lot of the posts, I pray for us all daily . . . this is as bad as it gets

shane bevan
07-01-2013, 04:15 PM
I have always thought i was alone before i got on this site and i have come to notice that i am not alone everyone is basically in the same boat. My anxiety is also health related. I am concerned about my heart even though i have been to 2 diffenert cariologist since july 2011 and the most recent one was january 2013. Each carsiologist have told me nothing is wrong with my heart. Ive had blood tests and ekg test stress tests heart moniter tests and all have been good and normal

Desk Lady
07-01-2013, 05:04 PM
That is great news! I know with your concerns, it is hard to accept they feel you are okay but please try and hold on to what they have told you . . . I always remember that the doctors are ruled by malpractice so they are NOT going to put their careers in jeopardy by telling us something that we could use to come back on them if it is not true!

Best wishes to you!

shane bevan
07-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Thank you same to you. Ive been on prozac since february and was also diagnosed with ADHD in march so ive been told that makes anxiety and those thoughts worse

kelliesean
07-01-2013, 05:28 PM
I have suffered my entire life from nerves, anxiety and fear. As I am sure we have all researched what our "diagnosis" may be, in my research I have come up with OCD Spectrum Disorder . . . a variation of be a hypochondric, who feels, no matter what a doctor tells them, that they HAVE a disease. My particular fear is that I WILL have a disease, so I am sick and fearful of doctor visits and medical tests. A big fear has always been breast cancer. This year my learning disabled sister was dx with breast cancer and as I am her only relative, I have lived this terrifying situation up close and personal . . . doctor visits, biopsies, MRI's, surgeries and now, radiation. I have been anxious, sick and scared ever since. I am seeing a psychiatrist who has put me on 100 mg of Zoloft daily and Ativan as needed. Also suggested I seek psychological counseling, which I am in the process of a 12 week program to treat anxiety disorders.

I am maybe 10% better but feel like I need Ativan's daily but am saving them for upcoming doctor visits, etc. Don't know how forthcoming my psychiatirst will be in refills.

As many, many of us are, I am alone in this and appreciate any helpful thoughts anyone in this community can give. In reading a lot of the posts, I pray for us all daily . . . this is as bad as it gets

Hi desk lady :-)

Thank goodness there are so many options as far as treatment these days.. And it's great to hear you are trying Zoloft!

Like you, I have been riddled with fears and anxieties for so so long.. But I fell really hard with it when I was 25 (I'm now 35) .. And while I was against meds and therapy, figuring I cd do it on my own.. I gave in and saw a psychiatrist.. And agreed to try Zoloft and Ativan.. (Worked my way up to 200 mgs of Zoloft a day, and took about 1.5/2 mgs of Ativan a day for the first 6 months until the Zoloft was good and in my system)..

Zoloft was the best thing that ever happened to me as it relates to my anxiety/depression/agoraphobia and OCD.. I couldn't even believe it.. I felt like it was a miracle!

I was good for 10 yrs.. Just recently I decide to come off of the Zoloft (about 6 months ago) an my symptoms began returning about 2 months ago.,

I went straight to my dr and also asked to be out back on Zoloft.. I was having terrible agoraphobia.. Panic attacks.. It was my nightmare coming back..

I am not back on Zoloft (100 mgs slowly moving to 150 mgs) for 5 weeks.. And the last 5 days I have felt such relief! It's not perfect.. But I have so much more peace!

Now I just have my fingers crossed that this sticks! Lol.. If not., I will absolutely try something else like lexapro or something.. Now that I know what it's like to be so much more at peace, I would do almost anything to be more free of anxiety..

kelliesean
07-01-2013, 05:30 PM
*now

I meant NOW on Zoloft :-)

Desk Lady
07-01-2013, 05:52 PM
*now

I meant NOW on Zoloft :-)

Hi Kellie!

Being a retired secretary . . . typos still haunt me!

I do feel better with the Zoloft as my everyday feeling of anxiety and dread has improved but still struggle with my fear of medical things. I did ask my psychiatrist if I can stay on Zoloft indefinitely and she said yes, so at least I know that won't go away.

Thank you for your encouragement and I will keep you in my prayers for continued relief, too!

kelliesean
07-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Hi Kellie!

Being a retired secretary . . . typos still haunt me!

I do feel better with the Zoloft as my everyday feeling of anxiety and dread has improved but still struggle with my fear of medical things. I did ask my psychiatrist if I can stay on Zoloft indefinitely and she said yes, so at least I know that won't go away.

Thank you for your encouragement and I will keep you in my prayers for continued relief, too!

That's positive :-).. Thank you! I wish the best for you :)