PDA

View Full Version : having a bad night

shane bevan
06-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Ive been doing good on and off with my anxiety on and off for the last few months, but the last couple of days ive felt a little anxious. Anxiety was always been about my health particularly my heart health even though im 25 and have been checked and cleared by 2 different cardiologists since july 2011. Most recent one was january 2013.i know its just in my head. So if anyone wants to talk you can message me

str8trippin
06-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Hi Shane, welcome to the forum. I can definitely relate to your situation. My anxiety is fluctuating a lot lately. I've been doing really good, but it seems like just when I'm starting to feel back to "normal" again, something creeps up on me and starts to bug me again...mostly health anxiety.

shane bevan
06-26-2013, 07:13 PM
Ive been on this forum for a few months and it has been very helpful to talk to people and see that im not alone

str8trippin
06-26-2013, 07:16 PM
My apologies...I guess I just assumed since this was in the Welcome section...but agreed, I've only been on here a week or so, I think, but it's already been really helpful and reassuring...a great resource. And at least it helps prevent me from Googling symptoms.

shane bevan
06-26-2013, 07:35 PM
Googling symptoms are web md have been very bad to look at for me

str8trippin
06-26-2013, 07:42 PM
That has a name, apparently, or so I just discovered...cyberchondria.

Dcoito
06-26-2013, 07:44 PM
Hey Shane.

Sorry your having a bad one! Remember to relax your mind! Breath, and know your ok! Make those thoughts leave your mind quickly! When you breath in tell yourself you are breathing in nice healthy, cleansing breathes, and breathing out bad thoughts, and bad feelings you might be having!

shane bevan
06-26-2013, 07:58 PM
Hey Shane.

Sorry your having a bad one! Remember to relax your mind! Breath, and know your ok! Make those thoughts leave your mind quickly! When you breath in tell yourself you are breathing in nice healthy, cleansing breathes, and breathing out bad thoughts, and bad feelings you might be having!

Thank you for the tips. I use deep relaxation sometimes when i cant sleep. Its helps but sometimes just hard to shut my mind off

Dcoito
06-26-2013, 08:42 PM
I know it! When mine wants to ramble on, and it will! I just change it around, or I will count, or repeat the alphabet slowly and watch the letters go by in my mind. I keep correcting myself! Like if I say what if this is a heart attack? I will say I know it's not a hart attack! It's just my damn adrenaline! Sometimes I will sing a song too that helps!

Dcoito
06-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Have you ever tried nature sounds at night to calm your mind!

kelliesean
06-26-2013, 08:48 PM
Googling symptoms are web md have been very bad to look at for me

I hear ya.. Honestly I have to avoid reading some of what some people are experiencing in this forum too. Smh.. Lol.. If I read a few lines and see that it's going somewhere that will allow my imagination to run too wild, I stop.. And try and get my kind somewhere else..

shane bevan
06-26-2013, 08:53 PM
It terrible how the mind gets out of control at times. It took me a while to get to where i was able to ask for help

kelliesean
06-26-2013, 09:02 PM
It terrible how the mind gets out of control at times. It took me a while to get to where i was able to ask for help

Asking for help and being in treatment was the best thing that ever happened to me as it relates to my mental issues ;). Whewww.. I was DX w agoraphobia, chronic depression and OCD when I was 25.. Now I am 35..

I was dealing w anxiety.. Just I diagnosed since I was about.. Hmm.. 14..
But when I was 25 I just couldn't take it anymore..
Meds and therapy- best things :) lol