PDA

View Full Version : First Post

hpickard
06-23-2013, 08:33 PM
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here on the forum. I wanted to try this out, and this is not something I have ever tried before. From what I've read, this seems to be a really helpful outlet to open up communication a bit with others who are going through similar situations, so I figured I would give it a shot.

I am a worrier, worrier, worrier. I worry from the moment i get up in the morning, at work throughout the day, I feel guilty when i try to relax after work, even feel terrible over the weekend because it gives me too much time to think. What I feel right now is just an overwhelming black cloud that seems to be following me around all the time and I would give anything to get out of it, and I have more or less always felt this way my entire life.

I don't know if any of you feel similar to this but throughout the day I often feel like I am in a fog and can get really easy confused talking to people; I am a frequent daydreamer and have a terrible time trying to focus, which doesn't help my job as I teach dance full-time. I went to a doctor to talk about my trouble focusing and I was prescribed adderall, but after two weeks of taking it I had to stop because I couldn't keep a thought in my head for more than a few seconds. It is giving me a bit of a complex because people will always tell me that I talk different and when I ask them what they mean, no one seems to give me a strait answer. I know that I have a very dry sense of humor sometimes but I wonder if somehow my overanalyzing what people are thinking of me might affect how I talk with people.

This all seems to be piling up on me right now and I would give anything to change my life around so that I could be happier and more active about the things I would like to change.

Thanks to all who take the time to read this post. Does anyone else feel the same way?

AnxiousBob
06-23-2013, 11:15 PM
I understand exactly how you feel.
Worry, worry, worry,… that's all I seem to do. If I'm not worried then I'm not happy.
How to deal with anxiety, that's what I don't know. Nothing seems to work and this week has just been horrendous.
I hope this forum helps.