PDA

View Full Version : Keep waking up with anxiety..

kelliesean
06-12-2013, 05:50 AM
.. So aggravating! I feel pretty well all day.. Maybe a little bit of anxiety, but all manageable and I quickly feel fine. But for some reason I keep waking up at about 3 am every morning with a lot of uncomfortable anxiety.. Can't get back to sleep.. Uughhhh so frustrating.. Grrrr..

omoplata
06-12-2013, 08:33 PM
.. So aggravating! I feel pretty well all day.. Maybe a little bit of anxiety, but all manageable and I quickly feel fine. But for some reason I keep waking up at about 3 am every morning with a lot of uncomfortable anxiety.. Can't get back to sleep.. Uughhhh so frustrating.. Grrrr..

This is exactly how my days and nights have been. Yes very frustrating.

princesskj
06-12-2013, 10:04 PM
I get like that too but my anxiety sticks with me Thru the day ;(

kelliesean
06-13-2013, 05:50 AM
I get like that too but my anxiety sticks with me Thru the day ;(

Yes! I can relate to all day anxiety too.. Stinks! I am actually having a relapse.. I have suffered w anxiety since I am about 14.. (I'm 35) .. But really fell hard when I was 25.. Got treatment and meds which I couldn't believe how much it change my life! For 10 years I was so much better.. But.. About 6 mos ago I figured I wd try and not be on meds . Hmmmm.. Apparently my brain doesn't agree lol.. I'm havig symptoms again.. So now I'm on Zoloft last two weeks.. "Come on Zoloft! Woo hoo!" Lol

princesskj
06-13-2013, 08:58 AM
This sounds like my story. I've had anxiety since I was 17 I'm now 34. I was on Zoloft for years and took myself off it because I thought I was better or grew out of it. Then boom the end of March it came back. Tried Zoloft again and had side effects. So now I'm not on anything ;(

kelliesean
06-13-2013, 09:08 AM
This sounds like my story. I've had anxiety since I was 17 I'm now 34. I was on Zoloft for years and took myself off it because I thought I was better or grew out of it. Then boom the end of March it came back. Tried Zoloft again and had side effects. So now I'm not on anything ;(

Wow! Exactly like me! :-) I am not feeling any negative side effects. And lord help me I hope I don't! I don't know WHAT I will do.. Wheww..

Are you trying any other meds? I tried Paxil wrote Zoloft.. That worked wonders for my anxiety! But I had some side effects w Paxil.

kelliesean
06-13-2013, 09:09 AM
* Paxil BEFORE Zoloft.. Excuse the typo.. My phone misunderstood what I was trying to type ;) haha

em1
06-13-2013, 09:13 AM
How long does the Zoloft take to kick in? I've only been on mine 9 days I'm on 50g

princesskj
06-13-2013, 09:21 AM
* Paxil BEFORE Zoloft.. Excuse the typo.. My phone misunderstood what I was trying to type ;) haha

I haven't tried Paxil. I'm not on meds right now I'm going to my doc at the end of the month

kelliesean
06-13-2013, 09:38 AM
How long does the Zoloft take to kick in? I've only been on mine 9 days I'm on 50g

Well.. Depends really.. But 50 is a low dose too I think? I was increased to 150.. Then 200.. And it takes about a minimum of two weeks to feel some relief.. And I wd say about 3-6 months to really start smoother sailing..

Also I did occasionally have anxieties when I was on the meds.. But they were so few and far between.. And what was great was that they didn't become persistent etc..

em1
06-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Well.. Depends really.. But 50 is a low dose too I think? I was increased to 150.. Then 200.. And it takes about a minimum of two weeks to feel some relief.. And I wd say about 3-6 months to really start smoother sailing..

Also I did occasionally have anxieties when I was on the meds.. But they were so few and far between.. And what was great was that they didn't become persistent etc..

I think maybe my doc may up the dose but is seeing how I get on with it maybe?

kelliesean
06-13-2013, 09:54 AM
I think maybe my doc may up the dose but is seeing how I get on with it maybe?

Yes.. He is probably slowly increasing you :)

em1
06-13-2013, 09:56 AM
Yes.. He is probably slowly increasing you :)

I hope so I want to feel ok again :( I have a girls weekend planned Tomorow (it's been planned for a whole year) and I don't think I can push myself to go

kelliesean
06-13-2013, 09:59 AM
I hope so I want to feel ok again :( I have a girls weekend planned Tomorow (it's been planned for a whole year) and I don't think I can push myself to go

Uughhhh that stinks when you feel so "trapped" by your anxieties and fears..

Maybe in order to get through and be able to go and enjoy yourself, take lorazepam regularly. Ask your dr if he can prescribe some, and you take once in the am, afternoon/evening.. That way you can go while in the early stages of your healing process..

kelliesean
06-13-2013, 10:01 AM
I have a wedding to go to in the Florida keys this August.. Whewww.. I am hopeful that I will be doing really well by then!! But either way I HATE flying ugghh.. And I will absolutely need the aide of lorazepam to board the plane..

u4ea
06-13-2013, 10:39 AM
I'm the total opposite - anxious most of the day, but 99.9% of the time, sleep very well and soundly through the night.

I have a wedding to go to in the Florida keys this August.. Whewww.. I am hopeful that I will be doing really well by then!! But either way I HATE flying ugghh.. And I will absolutely need the aide of lorazepam to board the plane..

This past February, when my anxiety/panic struck; a trip to Las Vegas went REALLY bad for me hahaha. Florida Keys sound awesome too.

kelliesean
06-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Oh man!! Your Vegas trip didnt go well huh? Grrrrr

u4ea
06-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Nooooooo - and I loved traveling in the past (never was a huge fan of flying, but never a problem either). It was just around when I starting having panic attacks too; I was trying to have a good time and fake my almost constant panic; the binge drinking, neon lights, strange people - I thought I died and went to hell!

kelliesean
06-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Nooooooo - and I loved traveling in the past (never was a huge fan of flying, but never a problem either). It was just around when I starting having panic attacks too; I was trying to have a good time and fake my almost constant panic; the binge drinking, neon lights, strange people - I thought I died and went to hell!

Ahhhh.., I'm sure.. I'm sure..

Yeah. When I was about 23 I went away w my friend to ocean city MD.. We drank soooo much .. And for me that triggers anxiety Ughh.. And that age I wasn't truly aware that I had anxiety disorder.. Or that it was really a problem. I didn't understand it well..

I had tremors one night! Thought I was having a friggin seizure!! Ugghh.. Anxiety disorders stink lol

u4ea
06-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Ahhhh.., I'm sure.. I'm sure..

Yeah. When I was about 23 I went away w my friend to ocean city MD.. We drank soooo much .. And for me that triggers anxiety Ughh.. And that age I wasn't truly aware that I had anxiety disorder.. Or that it was really a problem. I didn't understand it well..

I had tremors one night! Thought I was having a friggin seizure!! Ugghh.. Anxiety disorders stink lol

Yup, alcohol is now a trigger for me as well : ( I loved it soo much too : * \

em1
06-13-2013, 11:07 AM

I'm in London Uk whats lorazepam? I do take A beta blocker three times a day to 30g a day but it's not really doing loads or maybe it's just me being so Anxious at the moment

u4ea
06-13-2013, 11:13 AM
I'm in London Uk whats lorazepam? I do take A beta blocker three times a day to 30g a day but it's not really doing loads or maybe it's just me being so Anxious at the moment

It a benzodiazapine - Ativan. Same family as xanax, klonopin - fast acting calming effect.

A beta blocker is something different, usually to slow heart rate or lower blood pressure. BB's haven't helped me with anxiety.

kelliesean
06-13-2013, 11:14 AM
Yup, alcohol is now a trigger for me as well : ( I loved it soo much too : * \

Lol!!!! It is lovely ;)

em1
06-13-2013, 11:16 AM
I don't think we have anything like that in the uk

kelliesean
06-13-2013, 11:16 AM

Yes! Lorazepam is such a wonderful and helpful quick fix. It's great to have on hand for when you can't fight off the anxiety.. And the anxiety is just relentless..
And I am thankful that I had it while Zoloft was taking hold of the situation..