PDA

View Full Version : Blood pressure

Blessed
06-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Here lately I cannot get my blood pressure to stay near or below 120/80 even with meds. Please give me some ideas to try. I know I have asked a hundred times but need some help please

NixonRulz
06-04-2013, 01:37 PM
An easy answer would be to drink some chamomile tea since that stuff is like smoking weed.

But the non- anxious part of you knows blood pressure fluctuates like crazy over the course of the day.

So listen to the non-anxious part if you and go buy things you don't really need at the shopping mall.

Blessed
06-04-2013, 02:37 PM
But how do i take the feeling away that my heart is ready to jump out of my chest and my body is ready to jump out of my skin?!?

defmunel
06-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Stop focusing on it. Take your bp once in the am. Once at lunch. Once before bed, but not more than that! Once a day is better.

The trick though is to stop focusing on it. Get your mind on to other things. Once your mind clears, your Bp will be lower. I guarantee it.

Blessed
06-04-2013, 02:47 PM
It's like if I check it and its not as low as I think it should be I check it over and over to try and find a better number, each time it climbs even higher, then I start freaking out and my heart is pounding and racing, then full panic attack. It's sounds so easy to stop and quit doing this to myself but its like I'm obsessed with having a normal pressure. I don't like this at all and wish I could STOP!!!!!!

missmello
06-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Blessed I know how you feel. I'm constantly checking my pulse.. if you have the urge to check it, don't. Because really, what good does it do you to check it? You can't do anything to change it, aside from meds. It's a normal bodily function that really isnt meant for us to be aware of. If you start to feel anxious, practice belly breathing. Do something to take your mind off it.

You say evey time you check it the numbers go higher and higher? That should he an obvious sign that its your anxiety making it climb.

Blessed
06-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Thanks. I just took 2 Ativan (0.5 mg each) I hope this helps. I feel like I'm on pins and needles I can't relax I'm afraid if i DON'T check my blood pressure I will have a heart attack. I'm hooked up to this ECG machine for a month and in less than a week I have sent 40 transmissions is that normal?!?!?

Blessed
06-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Thanks. I just took 2 Ativan (0.5 mg each) I hope this helps. I feel like I'm on pins and needles I can't relax I'm afraid if i DON'T check my blood pressure I will have a heart attack. I'm hooked up to this ECG machine for a month and in less than a week I have sent 40 transmissions is that normal?!?!?

Your thoughts ???

missmello
06-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Yeah that's fine. The more recordings you do, the better, I would think. I'm actually being put on a holter monitor next week. I think I'm only going to keep a journal of my symptoms though, none of that calling in recording.

Went to my doctor today and she told me to take my anxiety meds if i really need it. I wasn't taking it at all because I was worried it would affect my pulse, but she reassured me it wouldn't, that's not how the meds work. So I took half of one this morning and it did help me. Pace yourself, take only what you think you need. But yeah, if I were you I'd definitely take the ativan, you need help relaxing.

nf1234
06-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Have you tried the magnesium blessed??

missmello
06-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Also, haven't checked my pulse at all today, and let me tell you, I haven't had a bad freak out moment at all today. Stop checking! You will feel a lot better if you stop, trust me. Checking only increases your anxiety. I would go into a frenzy repeatedly checking my pulse for hours at a time. How did it really benefit me?? It didn't.. it only made me crazier and left my neck feeling sore.

You will be fine, trust me. Keep with the ativan as needed and do your recordings. Once your month is done and you get your good results, you'll finally be able to move on. Stay positive

Blessed
06-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Thank you. Yes I find if I check it once I check it 35 times and like right now two ativans later I'm still checking and it's still in high 90s

Blessed
06-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Have you tried the magnesium blessed??

Will start tonight hope it works!

nf1234
06-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Awesome keep us updated! What kind of magnesium did you end up getting?

Blessed
06-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Magnesium oxide

Blessed
06-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Is that good?

Lin
06-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Mismello definitely right - stop checking and you will stop creating the panic and fear. Use your energy instead to concentrate on getting over depression and anxiety instead and you will do much better.

nf1234
06-04-2013, 07:16 PM
It's not bad but its the least absorbable form of magnesium. The better forms would be mag glycinate, taurate, or citrate.

Blessed
06-04-2013, 07:20 PM
How will I know if its absorbing?

nf1234
06-04-2013, 07:26 PM
It will be absorbing regardless but the oxide will absorb less. So say you take a 100mg of mag oxide. Your body might only absorb 50mg of it when taking the same amount of mag taurate might yield 80mg of the 100mg. How many mg's are each of your tablets?