PDA

View Full Version : Heart beating fast all day

Ahlstrom
06-01-2013, 07:20 PM
My anxiety has returned about a week or two ago and everyday I've been having loads of anxiety weighing down on me. My heart is beating fast often throughout the day and my 40mg of Lexapro doesn't seem to be helping with it much, I don't know if it's just cause it's not working as effectively anymore or because I'm going through a lot in my life at the moment. Usually I take a Klonopin when I'm FOR-SURE going to have a panic attack, but it's not really culminating into a full blown attack; my heart is just beating fast and I have minor worries all day. What are some other coping techniques I can use to lessen these effects? I've tried breathing and positive thinking but it's only getting me so far, and it just eventually comes back.

I'm sick of taking klonopin when I'm anxious and need some techniques to get rid of this shit until it dissapears again.

defmunel
06-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Ugh, been there, and am still kinda there. The only thing to get me outside of my head is to try and busy myself with other things. Usually if I can spend time with friends, or do a hobby, then I'll snap out of it quicker. If I stay in my room and fester, it just lingers.

Good luck!

Blessed
06-01-2013, 07:48 PM
I have been dealing with elevated heart rate and blood pressure for a month now. Doc wants to increase meds BUT THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER WAY!!!! That's the docs answer for everything.... Medicate medicate medicate. I'm like you I need other ways to decrease this. I find that if I sit idle my mind wonders and all these worrisome thoughts surface

Ahlstrom
06-01-2013, 08:00 PM
I have been dealing with elevated heart rate and blood pressure for a month now. Doc wants to increase meds BUT THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER WAY!!!! That's the docs answer for everything.... Medicate medicate medicate. I'm like you I need other ways to decrease this. I find that if I sit idle my mind wonders and all these worrisome thoughts surface

Nothing wrong with medication, if it helps you then why not take it. But yeah I feel yuh, everyone on this forum who has cured their anxiety seems to have used their brain and thinking to get past it, no one really ever goes over HOW you do that though... I'm sure it's a long, complicated thing.

anthonyjbro760
06-01-2013, 08:54 PM
So odd I can panic and bp is normal and sometimes it's high highest I've see. It was 140/100 but every time I've been to doc it's normal I don't get anxiety and I don't wanna have a heart attack so hard to control my worry I cry I rock back n forth holding my chest I was feelin like that and bp was 117/66 with 67 pulse I jus dint get it makes me think my hearts out of Wack

acetone
06-02-2013, 10:05 AM
If fast heart beat is the problem then maybe a beta blocker could help?

Judie
06-02-2013, 10:34 AM
My anxiety has returned about a week or two ago and everyday I've been having loads of anxiety weighing down on me. My heart is beating fast often throughout the day and my 40mg of Lexapro doesn't seem to be helping with it much, I don't know if it's just cause it's not working as effectively anymore or because I'm going through a lot in my life at the moment. Usually I take a Klonopin when I'm FOR-SURE going to have a panic attack, but it's not really culminating into a full blown attack; my heart is just beating fast and I have minor worries all day. What are some other coping techniques I can use to lessen these effects? I've tried breathing and positive thinking but it's only getting me so far, and it just eventually comes back.

I'm sick of taking klonopin when I'm anxious and need some techniques to get rid of this shit until it dissapears again.

Hi Ahistrom, Yes it does suck when they start up again. It would be fine if you could just have one lousy day of anxiety and that would be that. But unfortunately not how Anxiety operates. First because you are predisposed to anxiety, with stress as a trigger. You simply are vulnerable right now. After the first attack we become automatically defensive " think defensive guard or lineman ", that defensiveness causes all the tired and true symptoms " light headed, wobbly legs, impending Doom" The lexapro is still working, that is why you are not having a full blown attack. The Lexapro is stopping the full blown attack by stopping your obsessive thoughts about having an attack. You don't realize this is going on. The reason you are having a more generalized anxiety is because YOU are working against what the Lexapro is trying to do. Remember everything you have learned this is BS, nothing more, nothing less just BS. What to do ? When you get Negative thoughts I don't care if it is work , family or anxiety ( no thoughts good or bad on anxiety, this feeds it) say very loudly and clearly in your head " STOP" and imagine hearing that door slam on those thoughts. If you are alone say the word out loud and then immediately take your mind to other thoughts. Think of a time when you felt really confident, happy and imagine that place right down to what clothes you were wearing. This is a game of mind control and anxiety will battle hard to win.But the advantage here is that it's not Anxiety's mind, it's yours. Couple of things 2,000 mg of fish oil( krill, Salmon etc) a day ( take the capsules at night, keep them refrigerated) These are the brain function vitamins ( Omega 3's- this is all I take for Anxiety and trust me it will really help ( buy olderless and take at night) Another thing remember there are things we can fix in life and there are things we can't. Fix the things you can and release the things you can't . Be Well ! Slow your heart rate by pressing gently but firmly on you carotid artery on the left side of your neck where you hear your pulse, splash cold water on your face and yes deep breathe ( very effective in slowing heart rate as well as relaxing your system in general. Good Luck, yes best to try to stay away from Klonipin, as it has a rebound effect)

Judie
06-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Nothing wrong with medication, if it helps you then why not take it. But yeah I feel yuh, everyone on this forum who has cured their anxiety seems to have used their brain and thinking to get past it, no one really ever goes over HOW you do that though... I'm sure it's a long, complicated thing.
Anthony it isn't a long and complicated thing. It really is simply about acceptance and letting go of negative thoughts. Do you agree that losing your friend may be the reason for all of this. Listen Anthony, I do have both high blood pressure and Anxiety. These symptoms are not the same, in fact heart problems, high blood pressure usually produces no symptoms.Can you see how the fear has a hold of you, not your heart. The most effective way to change your thought process is to trust other people, you have a really tough time with this so let's move on to Plan 2. When you start thinking about anything negative, anything bad at all, especially health and death I want you to say very loudly and clearly to your self " ENOUGH"and hear a door slamming on those thoughts ( really hear that door slamming) then go to a place in your head, a happy, self confident time, picture tat place right down to the clothes you were wearing, deep breathe rough this. This is your head,this doesn't belong to Anxiety. You, like everyone who has Panic and Health Anxiety are focusing on the symptoms not he cause of those symptoms. You need to talk about that issue and then the battle between negative and positive ( health and anxiety ) becomes so much easier. Be Well, at least give this some thought ok.

Ahlstrom
06-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Anthony it isn't a long and complicated thing. It really is simply about acceptance and letting go of negative thoughts. Do you agree that losing your friend may be the reason for all of this. Listen Anthony, I do have both high blood pressure and Anxiety. These symptoms are not the same, in fact heart problems, high blood pressure usually produces no symptoms.Can you see how the fear has a hold of you, not your heart. The most effective way to change your thought process is to trust other people, you have a really tough time with this so let's move on to Plan 2. When you start thinking about anything negative, anything bad at all, especially health and death I want you to say very loudly and clearly to your self " ENOUGH"and hear a door slamming on those thoughts ( really hear that door slamming) then go to a place in your head, a happy, self confident time, picture tat place right down to the clothes you were wearing, deep breathe rough this. This is your head,this doesn't belong to Anxiety. You, like everyone who has Panic and Health Anxiety are focusing on the symptoms not he cause of those symptoms. You need to talk about that issue and then the battle between negative and positive ( health and anxiety ) becomes so much easier. Be Well, at least give this some thought ok.

Uhhh nice post, but my name isn't Anthony and I didn't lose a friend... Did you quote me wrong? :P

Judie
06-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Uhhh nice post, but my name isn't Anthony and I didn't lose a friend... Did you quote me wrong? :P

Hi Ahlstrom, I did in fact do that as I was trying to tie in your post as well, that's why I addressed it to both of you after I realized the post was misdirected, but it was definitely meant for both of you, sorry. I know it's Anthony that has lost his friend last summer and that you are trying to wean off/not take Klonipin ?? Is that correct or have past Panic Attacks completely chewed up my brain ? It's tough when you are reading different posts and want to address different issues. I always feel if I don't quote, the post will get lost in the mix. You know Ahlstrom sometimes a good way to watch how the Symptoms are the focus on the Forum is to go back and reread the posts. Until people can become truly comfortable with the idea that these are harmless symptoms, they can't, or at least have difficulty moving beyond that. Fear is a horrendous emotion. completely and literally is all consuming. Have you identified your trigger, where the real focus should be ? When that recognition happens it is far easier to see that your mind has temporarily distorted reality. The reality being grief, low self esteem, health scare, specifically a death scare. When our own mortality is in question through a loss of a parent or someone close to someone we are dealing with the grief as well as the fear. These are entirely normal reactions but sometimes the pain and fear are so great that we " repress" ( push them down in our minds to a less conscious level ) . In doing this our mind fights and fights hard to surface these because in not addressing life's traumas or stresses we throw everything off balance. The mind and body work closely together. That first attack is a direct response to make you take notice of the grief or whatever issue there may be. It's a great plan but it backfires because instead of addressing the issue, we continue to repress and then become ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED of future attacks. So now the focus is even further away from the original trigger and our mind becomes very familiar with that state of anxiety and the subsequent fear, anxiety and fear now becomes what your mind knows. What everyone needs to do is "retrain" your mind to go to the positive, away from the negative, away from the harmless symptoms. Think about the reason you got here and above all else in life " Fix the things you can change and learn to accept that some things in life just aren't fixable and release that. Anxiety people are often control people, growing up around addiction, they want to fix things, make things right. Divorces, addiction, break ups death and separation are tough on this personality. They simply can't fix it, they can't bring a loved one back, repair a broken marriage :( Be Well, life can't always be fixed but Anxiety can be, or at least managed to a very healthy degree. Be Well