PDA

View Full Version : Books to Help

Lin
05-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Thank you for who recommended the book Essential Help for your Nerves by Dr Claire Weekes - just arrived today and looks like it is going to help.

Today I was loaned a book called Jin Shin Jyutsu and I was showed another one, I think called Healing Hands, it is really good. It is all about how you can hold tight to one of your fingers to help to get over anger, fear, worry etc, depending upon which finger you hold tight with the fingers of the other hand for 36 breaths.

The lady who loaned me the book said that the anger finger has worked for her and the fear finger has worked for her friend when flying.

I am going to try the worry finger when I ask my boss on Friday if I can go back to work earlier than originally signed off for.

The book lists lots of different illnesses and points in your body which you can put pressure on to help with it.

Looks really good - has anyone else used the technique or heard of it?

By the way, obsessed as usual, I have already ordered my own copies of the books!

Malyn
05-08-2013, 05:44 PM
It's an accupressure . Yes I used the technique it helps for mild symptoms

Lin
05-08-2013, 11:00 PM
I tried it lots last night when trying not to react and get angry with my husband and it worked - no crying or screaming - I even laughed at one point last night (a rarity).

Reflexology and finger holding technique is definitely helping me.