PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety & depression

dmregula
05-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Does anyone on here struggle with anxiety and depression? What does the depression part feel like? I've always thought it was just anxiety and even my psychiatrist focused mainly on my anxiety. But lately I'm starting to think it's depression too. I can get a full nights sleep and wake up the next day and still be so tired and not want to do anything but lay around all day, I get easily frustrated with my two year old because of it. I never really feel really happy, like I love my daughter to death, but I don't have that real happy feeling with anything. I talk myself out of thinking I'm depressed, bc I think what do I have to be depressed about? But at the same time, that's something that just happens, you don't necessarily have to have something specific to be depressed about. I just want to hear your guys experience with depression & if you think that's what this sounds like.

P.s. I'm going back to my psychiatrist tomorrow to talk about it. I'm by trying to self diagnose, just curious.

Lin
05-02-2013, 01:27 PM
If you are feeling tired and not wanting to do things and struggling to do things then it sounds like depression. Anixiety is literally where you get anxious about things to the point of having a panic attack if you don't calm down in time. Depression is where you can't be bothered, or feel like crying all the time, or you just want to give up on everything and can't stand life and want out if it gets bad.
So I would think your psychiatrist would think you have depression. If you don't mind taking medication then there are lots of anti depressants that they will try you on to cure the bad feeling. They will take 2-3 weeks to start to work and also you might get some side effects for them, which if you persevere might go. But sometimes you have to try more than one before they find one which helps you and gives you a lift. Good luck tomorrow and I hope he helps you.