PDA

View Full Version : 5 htp

mglover92
04-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Who has used it? Thinking about taking it for a month and seeing the effects. Maybe it could provide me some benefits. :) For anyone who has used it what do you recommend I take it with? Some people say to take it with l tyrosine because to much of one transmitters depletes the other. Some people say to take it with Vitamin B...im clueless! ahhh! Also what kind of benefits have you seen?!

princesskj
04-28-2013, 01:22 PM
I've heard take it with magnisum

jessed03
04-28-2013, 02:02 PM
I've heard take it with magnisum

I have a stack of supplements I take daily, just to prevent any onset anxiety should life throw some suprises my way. 5HTP is one. I like it a lot. The idea of encouraging seretonin production, rather than forcing it, interests me. I take it as PricessKJ said, with magnesium, and also with L-Theanine. I like the effects. It's worth the money for me. I do believe it's a 50/50 supp though. For some it will work really well, others may feel nothing from it.

I say to others when they ask me, if you have a few extra dollars spare, give it a try. The effects are subtle usally, so if you need big changes, perhaps you won't find it here, but if you need a boost, this can be just the thing to kick start you in life. A good supplement for those recently off medication too.

princesskj
04-28-2013, 02:06 PM
I've been thinking about taking them. ;)

Sedigive
04-28-2013, 02:26 PM
I took it a couple of years ago. I wont lie and say it completely got rid of my symptoms. It did help and is a natural way too go. However, my Doctor told me not to use it and put me on Zoloft after I complained about the symptoms of Lexapro (why I went on 5HTP). I have a different Dr now and am weening of off Zolfot went from 100 down to 50 now and plan to keep going. I will probably pick back up taking 5HTP.