PDA

View Full Version : Prozac?

Portland
07-21-2007, 05:21 PM
I was wondering if anyone has had any positive effects from taking Prozac. I have been taking it for a week (10mg starting dose) and was wondering if it will help to relieve anxiety and not just prevent panic attacks. I would prefer to just take ativan as needed but it is such a hassle to get it from a practitioner.

Also..the last couple of days I have been experiencing a new anxiety symptom that I'm not used to. Tightness/lump in the throat, like I am being choked. I recognize it is most likely anxiety and it doesn't restrict my breathing, but it is persistant and annoying. The only time I remember feeling that was during a panic attack. Does anybody else feel this often?

imported_admin
07-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Hi Portland, try using the search feature, and do a search for Prozac. I am sure you will find what you are after :)

Job_314
07-22-2007, 04:08 AM
Hey Portland, I've personally tried Prozac, though I prefer Lexapro much more. But it all depends on the person, it has different effects on different people.

Oh, and Oregon rocks, if it's the Portland you live in. I live in Portland aswell :)

Portland
07-22-2007, 10:05 AM
yeah..I guess I'll just have to wait to find out. For some reason these SSRI's give me more anxiety initially until it builds up in my system.

And yes, I am a newcomer to Portland, Ore. I love the Pacific Northwest, it's beautiful.