PDA

View Full Version : The cycle

babyblue
04-17-2013, 06:19 PM
I get so moody and angry then I worry that I'm pushing people away and then I feel like I could cry. its just a continuous cycle.

Kellie
04-17-2013, 06:23 PM
I go through exactly this! I found that my therapist helps a great deal, i don't have any wise words or anything but all i want to say is you're not the only one here..

babyblue
04-17-2013, 06:35 PM
I have been seeing a therapist for over a year now. My anxiety started from a bad breakup.

babyblue
04-17-2013, 06:37 PM
I have been seeing a therapist for over a year now. My anxiety started acting up from a bad breakup.

Kellie
04-17-2013, 06:47 PM
I just through a breakup too and i can't leave the house my anxiety is that bad, so i know how it feels, i wish i had some advice.. I have support though..

babyblue
04-17-2013, 06:57 PM
When I went thru my breakup I was such a mess I never ate for a week I Lost ten pounds cried for two months strait. It was bad. The best advice I could give you is just tell yourself that the person you went thru the breakup with doesn't own you you are stronger than that! And you deserve to be happy and that your willing to take baby steps to get there. But one day you will be ok. I'm living proof of that. Stay strong!

Kellie
04-18-2013, 01:51 AM
Thankyou, you too! Does seeing your therapist help you? Going through a breakup with anxiety just makes it so much worse -.-

babyblue
04-18-2013, 06:18 AM
Seeing my therapist has helped me more than I could have ever imagined she has given me so many tips to help deal with my anxiety I find deep breathing helps a lot and on you tube you type in whisper crystal and she has these relaxing videos where she talks to you really calmly and pretends she is at a spa with you and stuff like that I find it really helps.

Kellie
04-18-2013, 07:33 AM
Oh that's good(: i will have to youtube that sometime, it might help me! It's good that there is someone/things that are helping you through it though! Imagine what it would be like without it..

babyblue
04-18-2013, 06:04 PM
It took me awhile to figure out what helped me. Hang in there you'll find things that help!

Kellie
04-18-2013, 11:44 PM
I just started meds today, so it should be interesting (:

Nelly
04-19-2013, 02:49 AM
I just started meds today, so it should be interesting (:

Dear kellie and babyblue -
It sounds like you guys, and everyone else in here for signing up in this forum, are on the right track.
I have this idea, inspired from American movies about AA-meetings, that realizing of what we are doing to ourselves in our heads is the most difficult step.
If we realize in what circles we are whipping ourselves around in, then there is a way out of those circles. Babyblue- how do u usually stop those thoughts of running in a circle like u described on your first post?

Kellie : good u started meds today. Hope you can also see the sun shine soon- even, if it shines above the clouds :)
Best, nelly

Alex010096
04-19-2013, 04:16 AM
Dear kellie and babyblue -
It sounds like you guys, and everyone else in here for signing up in this forum, are on the right track.
I have this idea, inspired from American movies about AA-meetings, that realizing of what we are doing to ourselves in our heads is the most difficult step.
If we realize in what circles we are whipping ourselves around in, then there is a way out of those circles. Babyblue- how do u usually stop those thoughts of running in a circle like u described on your first post?

Kellie : good u started meds today. Hope you can also see the sun shine soon- even, if it shines above the clouds :)
Best, nelly

My therapist tells me to try to remember how I stop my ruminating thoughts, too. I'd say you're on the right track, Nelly :)

babyblue
04-19-2013, 06:15 AM
Kelli: I hope the meds help they really helped me. I have better control of my anxiety now because if them. I hope they do the same for :)

Nelly: usually when I get these thoughts I just stop and take a few deep breaths and remind myself that I'm a good person. And that I don't want this to be the way my thoughts always go. That I want to be happy.

Alex: your therapist has some good advice I hope it helps! Stay strong! Things get better i promise! I'm living proof of that :)