PDA

View Full Version : No panic

agj
04-12-2013, 09:41 PM
I don't necessarily have panic attacks more worrying about future, hurting myself or other. Is this normal with anxiety?? Please help

jesikahlaine
04-12-2013, 09:51 PM
I worry i wont beat this. I was having 3-4 attacks a day & constant anxiety. Now im on meds i still get anxiety here & there. I can feel the attacks nagging & wanting to come on but i am able to deal with them before they go out of control like they used to pre-meds.
Have u talked to someone about ur thoughts?

Judie
04-12-2013, 10:44 PM
I think that everyone here may focus too much on "beating" anxiety. Honestly I have had a Panic Disorder for 29 years, perhaps it is more about " managing" anxiety not beating it. Everyone here most likely have a VERY sensitive nervous system that's all...Trust me it sounds easy but I know how difficult it is. But, trust me after 29 years I know above all else the "catalyst" (trigger) in an attack is " undoubtedly" your thought process. Hang in there, this will improve, promise.

Judie
04-12-2013, 10:51 PM
It sounds like your worrying may be a little bit of obsessive compulsive and depression. You are afraid of the future ? I too have similar fears but do you know what triggered that fear ? Did something happen ?

is rooted

agj
04-12-2013, 10:54 PM
Yes I figured I may have some compulsive disorder. Do you know how this is treated?

blondieqtpie
04-13-2013, 02:20 AM
Worrying about whatever worries you is normal. Ou sound like you may have general anxiety.. Do you receive treatment of any form?

blondieqtpie
04-13-2013, 02:23 AM
And depression, anxiety, panic and obsessive compulsive disorder are often treated with similar therapy techniques ( like CBT... Cognitive Behavior Therapy) and similar medications. My OCDs seem to arise more when my anxiety is up ( like aligning things and checking). If you want treatment talk to your doctor to see what your options are.