PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram

sam1234
04-11-2013, 09:56 PM
I started taking citalopram 20mg yesterday, I've just woken up feeling achey, sick, dizzy and as though I'm drunk. Which I hate as I feel like I'm out of control! Can someone reassure me that this is normal and that it will improve?!? My anxiety levels are through the roof due to it. It's making me want to give up after one tablet :(

Lin
04-12-2013, 01:19 AM
New tablets can make you feel really unwell at start. If continues go back to Dr because they might not suit you and you need to try something else. So sometimes just feel ill few days and then body gets more used to them, if you do feel better on them you then have to keep persisting for few weeks until you get any real benefits from then.

warumtera
04-25-2013, 01:03 AM
i dont belive in medical

streakybacon
04-26-2013, 10:57 AM
I had those symptoms when I started citalopram too apparently it normal 4 the 1st few weeks. But I stopped taking it because the side effects were too annoying

Lin
04-26-2013, 04:33 PM
If you don't believe in medication then thee are lots of alternatives such as meditation, reflexology, acupuncture, essential oils etc. You just have to get access to them or try them on your own and they can help. Also lots of NHS and mental health courses you can go on so learn techniques to get better.
So doesn't have to be tablets if you don't want them.

xxShortYxx
05-13-2013, 04:32 AM
I've been on citalopram for a few months and the first 2weeks were terrible but I stuck through it andd now they help a lot :)

emgem91
05-13-2013, 04:51 AM
I used to take Citalopram 20mg about a year ago when I thought I was pretty much loosing my mind. I found it gave me weird dreams, dizziness and even the shakes and at times i thought I was getting crazier. I tried to take it for about 2 months but couldn't handle it anymore when it effected my mind so much that I got fired from my job for always having to rush out of the office because I felt odd. I went cold turkey for a while and my thoughts eased. But I heard many people have had great success with it.

shaikhrahuf
05-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Dear emgem,
Everyones anxiety is different, 20mg is high dosage but hope its prescribed my ur GP, i am on 5mg in morning and 5mg at night which includes 0.5mg od clonozap, talk to urndoc n explain all d details so that he can prescribe u better, also meds take sometime with thebnervous system to match so keep patience..

raggamuffin
05-14-2013, 02:50 AM
Takes time for your body to adjust to them. it will get better. I think if poeple have a lot of fear about taking a med it can just make symptoms worse and create new ones.

Ed

Lin
05-17-2013, 08:29 PM
I started taking citalopram 20mg yesterday, I've just woken up feeling achey, sick, dizzy and as though I'm drunk. Which I hate as I feel like I'm out of control! Can someone reassure me that this is normal and that it will improve?!? My anxiety levels are through the roof due to it. It's making me want to give up after one tablet :(

Hope you are feeling better Sam and Forum helping knowing people who understand and can help and support you.
Hope that you are not having such bad reaction to tablets, or that you have decided to go back and try other ones, or gone down the herbal pathway.
PM me if want to, but would be good to know if you are feeling better or doing something different now.
Lin