PDA

View Full Version : Query

locksey
04-10-2013, 08:49 AM
Does anyone find generally making conversation/joining in hard ?
For example , I went out y/day with two wrk friends and had a really gd time but I didn't start any conversations & I didn't particular join in I just listened and hardly spoke and I've noticed that's what I tend to do wen around pple.... There are lots ov little things over the last few mths I noticed or questioned .. How I act etc

alankay
04-10-2013, 09:47 AM
Of course. Social Anxiety is common with other types of anxiety and is common. :( Alankay

locksey
04-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Of course. Social Anxiety is common with other types of anxiety and is common. :( Alankay

But if I wasn't anxious etc wud it still affect u ?
I question a lot ov my behaviours ( more so lately )
And to make it worse , my friends sister just asked if I was autistic or have aspergers even tho I told her it was panic disorder that I found it hard goin places or without my car etc

NixonRulz
04-10-2013, 10:33 AM
This may be related but I tend to feel that way sometimes depending on the people involved.

Not with everyone. Just more often than not

I thought it could be related to anxiety then realized it wasnt a me problem. They truly bored the hell out of me.

locksey
04-10-2013, 10:36 AM
For example ...I cud go 4 a meal with friends and wudnt b anxious or stressed but I prob wudnt join in on conversations ( or very limited ) I wud just sit and listen to everyone else ... I'd just be very quiet ... Is this normal ?

NixonRulz
04-10-2013, 10:46 AM
If that's your personality, then sure

If you beat yourself up about it, then you could probably chalk it up as a symptom.

If it is I sign of anxiety, realize it and start runnin your motor mouth.

locksey
04-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Thanx .... Yeah , prob dwn more to my personality then :-)

jessed03
04-10-2013, 11:02 AM
You work in a school don't you Locksey? I would have thought you'd be used to be really loud and out there!

locksey
04-10-2013, 11:24 AM
You work in a school don't you Locksey? I would have thought you'd be used to be really loud and out there!

Wow... U have a gd memory considering all the pple on here !!

Yeah , wen I'm around kids I'm fine looooool... It's adults that I seem 2b quiet around :-/