PDA

View Full Version : Scared about the future

DorsetGirl
03-25-2013, 09:55 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else get scared about calling Crisis or the duty mental health team ?

I'm scared that I may get worse triggers than the ones that I had, that made me make the call and not be able to cope with them.

Sometimes I think if I wasn't here I would get the peace in my head that I'm desperate for, and wouldn't have to keep struggling to maintain a "normal" existence

Sorry if this doesn't make sense but I can't explain it any other way

Lin
03-29-2013, 09:19 AM
I find the Crisis telephone calls really useful. I just want peace and thy always know from my notes what to talk to me about to calm me down and also know what stops mere doing something stupid. They always let my mental health nurse that I have phones and need help. It is there where I get stuck at the moment because not on same wave length with me as previous ones have been. Sometimes Crisis take a while to ring back but they always have time to talk to you and listen and help. You should think of them as helping you if you can.

locksey
03-29-2013, 11:10 AM
I find the Crisis telephone calls really useful. I just want peace and thy always know from my notes what to talk to me about to calm me down and also know what stops mere doing something stupid. They always let my mental health nurse that I have phones and need help. It is there where I get stuck at the moment because not on same wave length with me as previous ones have been. Sometimes Crisis take a while to ring back but they always have time to talk to you and listen and help. You should think of them as helping you if you can.

Who are crisis ?

DorsetGirl
03-29-2013, 11:27 AM
Who are crisis ?

My local community mental health team in Dorset have a crisis response team that I can call out if hours if I am not able to contact my doctor or my care coordinator, if I am really down or struggling with anything and I feel there is no one else to turn to. If I don't think I am able to keep myself safe and not do something to harm myself I can call them for help

locksey
03-29-2013, 11:34 AM
My local community mental health team in Dorset have a crisis response team that I can call out if hours if I am not able to contact my doctor or my care coordinator, if I am really down or struggling with anything and I feel there is no one else to turn to. If I don't think I am able to keep myself safe and not do something to harm myself I can call them for help

Wow... That's really gd

Lin
03-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Yes it is good - they have your notes so talk as if they know you. Samaritans OK if want to offload but not if need someone who knows you and know what stops you doing stupid things.

locksey
03-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Yes it is good - they have your notes so talk as if they know you. Samaritans OK if want to offload but not if need someone who knows you and know what stops you doing stupid things.

So how do they get yr notes etc. ?
My psychologist app just finished ( only allowed 16 ) apparently that's new government rules , everyone entitled to 16 and whether yr ok or not they stil finish ... It was only on my last 2 app that we even started discussing panic disorder and health as was discussing past things which took up other app :-(
Now feel that I've sort ov been left .. Stil not sorted and things opened up that only touched on :-/

Lin
03-29-2013, 01:44 PM
They have access to all my notes from the Mental Health Team - so my psychiatrist's notes, my notes from their hospital, notes from the home nurses I had, notes from my CPN, psychologist and my calls etc to Crisis. So they know what has happened from when first referred to the mental health team.

Lin
03-29-2013, 01:51 PM
Forgot to say only had one appt with psychologist so didn't know they were restricted. Got a review soon because my CPN not working well with me and won't see me regularly like past ones have, so I often feel lost during the day because she tells me to speak to duty nurse but I like contact with one person and also difficult by phone during day when working, whereas a regular appt is much better.

locksey
03-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Forgot to say only had one appt with psychologist so didn't know they were restricted. Got a review soon because my CPN not working well with me and won't see me regularly like past ones have, so I often feel lost during the day because she tells me to speak to duty nurse but I like contact with one person and also difficult by phone during day when working, whereas a regular appt is much better.

So how do u go bowt it ?

Lin
03-29-2013, 02:27 PM
Go and see your GP and he refers you. You go for a review (called something else but can't remember it) with a mental health nurse to start who suggests what help they can give you. I was given three choices - hospital, home nurses or see her and go sick. As you can imagine my depression was already bad by then- I chose with my GP's help to stay at work on reduced hours and have home nurses every day, but after only a few weeks of working too many hours I ended up in hospital.

locksey
03-29-2013, 03:37 PM
Go and see your GP and he refers you. You go for a review (called something else but can't remember it) with a mental health nurse to start who suggests what help they can give you. I was given three choices - hospital, home nurses or see her and go sick. As you can imagine my depression was already bad by then- I chose with my GP's help to stay at work on reduced hours and have home nurses every day, but after only a few weeks of working too many hours I ended up in hospital.

Oh ... My is panic disorder so they prob dnt do anytink ... Thanx anyway :-)

Lin
03-29-2013, 11:30 PM
I expect they would. I have met people on the NHS and mental health forum courses with all sorts of illnesses and mental problems. You just need to ask your GP to get you some help and they will refer you.

princesskj
04-07-2013, 07:43 PM
I haven't heard of that. Where are you from ? I'm in Kentucky

Lin
04-07-2013, 08:50 PM
I am I England so perhaps you haven't got these groups etc. But you could ask your doctor what you do have available to help you.

warumtera
04-25-2013, 01:05 AM
everything will be oki

Lin
05-02-2013, 11:58 PM
Dear Locksey

You need to go to your own doctor and asked him to refer you to your mental health team so that they assess you and what help they can give you. You then might be given a regular nurse who is soley yours to speak to when want to, meet when want to and who coordinates your care - so suggests when you need other help like psychologist or a training course on a certain subject, or to see psychiatrist for medication advice etc. The nurse will also arrange review meeting twice a year which your work occupational health can be involved in so that they know how to help you at work, and support you going on mental health courses during the working day each term.

So just need your doctor to refer you and then there is loads you can access. Not only do NHS do courses like mindfulness but the Recovery Education Service do courses too, like the one I have just done on a whole day on recovery, and then 4 nights on producing your own recovery well being tool kit, and arranging peer support groups where drop in once a week for up to two hours to meet and talk with people with similar problems, and this term I am helping the Forum to set up an evening support group for people like me who work full time, and also I am going to do a course on emotion management so will learn how to step back and start to use all the techniques I have learned instead of just snapping and arguing.

So really good support out there, just have to gain access to it.

My husband can also access carer support through it and he is going to have some again this year which is good for me, because when he had it in 2011 he was much more kinder and understanding with me so we argued less.

Hope this helps.

I actually met DorsetGirl on the well being tool kit course, and have stayed in touch with her and two others since that course. And this term we have a follow up morning from that course so hoping to meet the others who did the course and see what they have produced for their tool kit and how been etc.

locksey
05-03-2013, 12:28 AM
Dear Locksey

You need to go to your own doctor and asked him to refer you to your mental health team so that they assess you and what help they can give you. You then might be given a regular nurse who is soley yours to speak to when want to, meet when want to and who coordinates your care - so suggests when you need other help like psychologist or a training course on a certain subject, or to see psychiatrist for medication advice etc. The nurse will also arrange review meeting twice a year which your work occupational health can be involved in so that they know how to help you at work, and support you going on mental health courses during the working day each term.

So just need your doctor to refer you and then there is loads you can access. Not only do NHS do courses like mindfulness but the Recovery Education Service do courses too, like the one I have just done on a whole day on recovery, and then 4 nights on producing your own recovery well being tool kit, and arranging peer support groups where drop in once a week for up to two hours to meet and talk with people with similar problems, and this term I am helping the Forum to set up an evening support group for people like me who work full time, and also I am going to do a course on emotion management so will learn how to step back and start to use all the techniques I have learned instead of just snapping and arguing.

So really good support out there, just have to gain access to it.

My husband can also access carer support through it and he is going to have some again this year which is good for me, because when he had it in 2011 he was much more kinder and understanding with me so we argued less.

Hope this helps.

I actually met DorsetGirl on the well being tool kit course, and have stayed in touch with her and two others since that course. And this term we have a follow up morning from that course so hoping to meet the others who did the course and see what they have produced for their tool kit and how been etc.

K..... Thanx :-)

Lin
05-03-2013, 12:45 AM
For some reason my post did not work.
So will try again - Locksey you need to go to see your own doctor and ask him to refer you to your mental health team.
They then assess you and what help then can give you.
I have a community psychiatric nurse I see every two weeks and can ring during day for help, or can ring Crisis out of hours who have access to all notes about me, or can ring a duty officer Mon-Thurs if own nurse on leave etc.
Also my nurse is my care coordinator who decides when I need to see psychiatrist about medication, psychologist if something needs addressing, or what courses should access which NHS running through their occupational health, like mindfulness, and also access to the Recovery Education Service where can do courses like Recovery and well being tool kit last term, and going to do emotion management this term.
My nurse also can liaise with my occupational health from work to help me working well at work and not hurting my head.
Also Forum sets up peer support groups where can meet people who understand and chat, and have now agreed that I can help start up an evening support group in my town so that people who work or go to school and college can still have a support group they can go to.
Also they have liaison with carer support so my husband can get help and learn how to handle me and live with me which helps him and me too.

So go see your doctor and asked to be referred to your mental health team and then see what they will allow you to access and what help they can give you.

Lin
05-03-2013, 12:46 AM
Sorry Locksey site really messing up for me and keep having to log off and back on, and now you have two responses from me. Hopefully both say the same!!!