PDA

View Full Version : why do i even work

peaceandlove
03-19-2013, 01:27 PM
i just come to the office. struggle with anxiety and intrusive thoughts the whole day. hardly get anything done. get tired and crash at home. whats the fucking point. why am i even doing any of this. I want to get out of this cycle. want to do something meaningful. i want to be healthy. How the fuck is this cycle going to end. I am too fatigued to even exercise. this is not how i wanted my life to go. fuck this shit

jessed03
03-19-2013, 01:33 PM
What are the logistics we're talking here peaceandlove?

Are you young enough to make a career change, and you managing to put money away into savings/investments/pension plans?

Or are you just breaking even living paycheck to paycheck miserably?

peaceandlove
03-19-2013, 01:39 PM
jesse....been meaning to PM u. i have plenty of savings....i am an immigrant though... and i love this field... i just.. cant think :( cant focus...

jessed03
03-19-2013, 01:50 PM
peaceandlove, any reason you wanted to PM me? Something I can help you with on here? :)

How long have you been thinking of quitting? This is a very important question to me.

Jay1985
03-19-2013, 01:54 PM
It's difficult when you feel this way

There's a light mate, you'll find it & be happy again, hang in there

peaceandlove
03-19-2013, 02:02 PM
thanks guys.... since the time i have anxiety, work has become burdensome. this anxiety has become a major pain in the butt. i think twice b4 doing anything as i calculate how this anxiety will come into play. its not good i know.. i just dont see the light... i just want to calm down enuf to exercise thats all.

Jay1985
03-19-2013, 02:16 PM
I know it's hard, I've been there, I ended up forcing myself into doing some exercise, still now I don't really fancy it some days, but do it anyway

It's a good way to take your mind off things