PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Took a Vacation

janey
03-13-2013, 01:23 PM
It keeps trying to send me postcards, but I've stopped reading them. I think it misses me, but I surely don't miss it!

I can't wait 'til I get you on the floor, good lookin'! Who else has a kick for that song?

It's day 8 on Zoloft, and my dosage is now 50mg versus 25. I hope it treats me right.
I'm feeling more normal than I have in months. How about that?
There's hope, people. Any one good day is worth the months of bad days.

I'm actually going to walk around the mall today, and yesterday I saw Oz: The Great and Powerful.
I haven't really gotten out like that in a long time. I feel a little more interested in things.

Maybe I'm not where I used to be. I'm not normal. But I feel like this is such a treat. Sometimes I look over at the pile of 'postcards' and feel a single evil butterfly escape from the cage inside of me, but I can keep the rest contained so they don't bother me. Anyone have a spare can of Raid?

NixonRulz
03-13-2013, 01:30 PM
That is awesome news, Janie

So happy to see the change in your tone

You've turned the corner.

Run your credit cards up really really high

You've earned it.

Nicolette
03-13-2013, 01:33 PM
i think this is just you janey.

im not sure zoloft has enough time to change your mind chemistry in 8 days. im sure it has done a little but. but i think understanding and expressing yourself is making you feel better. taking control over your life again and seeing hope are so important.

i hope it carries on.

Nicolette
03-13-2013, 01:40 PM
janey sorry to post twice.

how are you keeping your bad thoughts out? how do you stop them coming in?

janey
03-13-2013, 01:43 PM
i think this is just you janey.

im not sure zoloft has enough time to change your mind chemistry in 8 days. im sure it has done a little but. but i think understanding and expressing yourself is making you feel better. taking control over your life again and seeing hope are so important.

i hope it carries on.

Zoloft can show signs of working in about a week. Of course it's full-effect and result will not show until several weeks.
I'm not really saying it's totally the Zoloft, but I have been feeling manic effects from it which mirror how I am frequently when I'm not anxious.

Like I said in previous posts, my anxiety is very episodic lasting weeks and calming down for a week (anxiety still present but decreased), then spiking. This the calmest I've been in a while.

janey
03-13-2013, 01:48 PM
janey sorry to post twice.

how are you keeping your bad thoughts out? how do you stop them coming in?

Well, my bad thoughts are not occurring to me as frequently throughout the day. So the quantity is down, that helps.
When a thought does pop in my head, it bothers me for a few seconds and then I just don't delve into it. I say 'no wayyyy' to myself.
That's not easy when I am in a full attack, but since I am in a calmer period it's easier. My horrible attacks usually start when I become involved in my thoughts and test them.

I have no idea why sometimes I can push them away and other times I can't. Sometimes they just seem too pointless to get involved with and other times they seem like the most important thing in the world and I have to resolve them or they are true.

I have been very distracted by this mania.

jessed03
03-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Nicolette, you keep buying into them. You need to be accepting of them, no matter what they say, and no matter how fearful you are of them.

Let me tell you a joke:

A man is walking across a path, and suddenly he falls off a cliff. He manages to hold onto the edge with one hand. He is dangling over the edge for hours, until he calls up... "Is anybody there to help me?!" ...

"Yes" replies a voice... "Let Go!"
"Who is this?" The man calls back...
"It's God" - says the voice... "Let Go"
"I can't let go" says the man... "I'll fall straight down"

Hours pass, and the man calls back up...

"Is anybody there?"
"Yes" says the voice... "It's God..."
"What shall I do?" says the man
"Let Go!"

A few more hours pass, and the man gets desperate... He shouts up...

"Is anybody up there? HELP!!!!"
A voice calls down again to the man... "Let Go!"
"Who is this?" He shouts back up....

"It's God..."

The man thinks for a moment, before replying...

"Is anybody else up there?????"

----------------------------------------------------

You can't pick and choose what works Nicolette. We can only do what works :)

P.s. Way to go Janey!!!

Nicolette
03-13-2013, 02:47 PM
hehe funny :) thanks guys. thanks janey.