PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out!

Brittany1995
03-13-2013, 07:28 AM
Right side of my head has like a light throbbing pain like in my brain. Like freaking me out. And the right side of my back hurts. I'm jittery, scared, and alone at home! Someone help!!!! I'm in full panic!

jessed03
03-13-2013, 07:31 AM
It will pass :) It will pass.

This is JUST a panic attack! JUST an attack.

jessed03
03-13-2013, 07:32 AM
Talk to us in here, distract yourself a little...

Where abouts do you live Brittany? In the US?

Brittany1995
03-13-2013, 07:38 AM
I live in Iowa! Lol I'm graduated early from high school and am just kinda bumming it at home, because my anxiety is terrible. I've been on meds, which take a while to kick in... And I've been exercising and getting out, which helps! Annnnd I'm trying to get back on a regular sleeping schedule by staying up all day. So this throbbing started last night and its like a little worse... I have a constant fear of brain problems. I'm working on It:/

jessed03
03-13-2013, 07:41 AM
Okaaaay Okaaaaay, I only asked where you live... I didn't ask for your book!!! :D

Hehe... but no, seriously, it's nice to meet you! Congrats on graduating early from High School :) What do want to study at College?

That brain problem fear is nasty :( I had that one for a while. I used to PANICCCCC whenever I was left home alone.

Brittany1995
03-13-2013, 07:46 AM
I start nursing school in May, lol and sorry for writing so much! :D

Brittany1995
03-13-2013, 07:48 AM
But yes. This Brain problem thing is my main problem right now.

jessed03
03-13-2013, 07:51 AM
Lol no apologies necessary, I was only teasing you :D

Looking back on the things I've done, I was trying to be someone. I went to business college, wanted to be a billionaire, but HATED it lol. (Not the being a billionaire - that never happened, just the school, I would rather have been helping somebody out)

You're gonna find nursing school so cool. I would love to come see you at work, but I HAAAAATE blood lol

Are you staying in state or leaving state?

Brittany1995
03-13-2013, 08:02 AM
I'm staying here in Iowa! I love it here. It's simple. And I'm pretty excited for school! It's a bit Ironic that I'm scared of my own health, let alone watching other people's health problems. But I know it's what I want! :D

jessed03
03-13-2013, 08:10 AM
I just google'd Iowa. It looks pretty. A lot of green space. Being from London, I don't see very much green space - lol!

Is it just regular nursing you want to do, like the nurses in hospitals? Or do you want to go into something like care work, or mid-wife work?

It's great you're doing what you want. Don't let anxiety stop you! :D You won't be tempted to sneak in and use all the hospital scanners when you're worried though?? I doubt they'd like that lol

Brittany1995
03-13-2013, 08:16 AM
Haha! I would like to do work in an emergency room setting! And gosh, you're pretty far away! Lol!!!! And I try my best to not let anxiety stop me from doing things.

jessed03
03-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Let's practice... "Brittany... we have a man bleeding over here... Stitch him up... STAT!!!" lol

Do you say Stat in hospitals? :P

How long is nursing school anyway??

Brittany1995
03-13-2013, 08:24 AM
(Responding to medical sitch): "hang on, let me go give myself a quick brain scan. Just to be sure."

You do say stat! Lol!!! It's only 2 years. Not too crazy.

jessed03
03-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Lol!! - Could you imagine. Stitching up somebodies arm, whilst your head is under the scanner. It would be like a cartoon.

2 years is OK. That's pretty good, you don't have to spend forever in a classroom. What happens after that, you go into the hospital, and shadow a nurse, and he/she will train you while you work on real patients?

I'm kind of clueless about nursing, I'm only going by what I've seen on Scrubs :D - haha

Brittany1995
03-13-2013, 08:37 AM
Yes, that'd be an awesome cartoon. And I have no idea how the whole becoming a nurse process goes, either.
I don't know how I'd even react in a emergency situation. LMAO
I've had a few knee surgeries, and as I was wheeled into the last one I was like: "DON'T KILL ME, I DON'T WANNA DIE!....hey don't touch me there...YOU'RE GOING TO KILL ME!" It was embarrassing. Now it's hysterical.

jessed03
03-13-2013, 08:44 AM
Hahaha thats one of the funniest things I've read on here. 'DON'T KILL ME!!' - lol! - Pretty dangerous stuff that knee surgery :P

I'm actually laughing at just the story. I wish somebody filmed it :P

Your boyfriend is gonna be soo happy. Having a woman come home in a nurses uniform every night! - It's so much nicer than the uniform they wear in Taco Bell...

Brittany1995
03-13-2013, 08:50 AM
I was afraid of the knockout gasses! Have you ever been under anesthesia? You don't dream. It's like what I imagine what being dead feels like! I wish someone took a video.... I was thee most hostile patient ever.

And I'm super excited to wear scrubs!!!!

Brittany1995
03-13-2013, 08:55 AM
Taking a break from the whole "boyfriend" thing. I need to focus on my friendship...with my cats. LOL :) so I guess I can come home and my cats can see me in my super awesome scrubs.

jessed03
03-13-2013, 08:59 AM
Oh no! You're one of those crazy cat women?! You seemed so normal!!! :D

I was under anesthesia once, it was eeeeasy. You are such a baby lol :)

How many cats do you have? I have one girl one. Laziest cat I've ever seen. She's very sweet though! And she loves feet... Too much!

Brittany1995
03-13-2013, 09:04 AM
I have 2! And I'm not a crazy cat gal!

One of the bad things about living in this small town, is that the dudes here are very........shitty? Lol!

And my fattest cat fetches pencils and markers. It's amazing.

And I'm imagining you have a thick accent when I read your posts. I hope that's correct!!

jessed03
03-13-2013, 09:16 AM
Your cat fetches markers?! That is amazing! - How did you teach it to do that? My cat is too lazy to even fetch her string that she plays with!

I didn't know Iowa guys are so 'shitty'.. Lot's of people join the army from there, don't they? I think I remember reading that somewhere.

Yeah, my accent is thick... Think Mary Poppins or Hugh Grant...If it will make you feel better, I'll start every post by saying "Jolly good sport..." LOL.

I wouldn't even KNOW how an Iowa accent sounds... :)

Brittany1995
03-13-2013, 09:25 AM
After I adopted her, I dropped a marker on the loot by accident, and it went from there! Lol

I feel like people in Iowa don't have accents. Definitely not hick accents. That's more down south.

:D

Brittany1995
03-13-2013, 09:26 AM
*floor.....

jessed03
03-13-2013, 09:32 AM
Maybe nursing is the wrong career? Maybe animal training is far more your thing? :D

Oh you'd TOTALLY have an accent if I heard you speak lol. Maybe you can't tell, but living abroad, I'd be able to tell

I gotta brave the cold weather, and grab some lunch! It was nice talking, I hope you're feeling a little better :)

If you feel bad, PM me anytime you want, and tell me more about your cat!! :)

Brittany1995
03-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Alrightay! PM me later. I'm interested in details on my "accent"!!

armygrl282
03-13-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm sorry but can anyone tell me how to start a thread? Just trying to figure it out is giving me anxiety

jessed03
03-13-2013, 07:51 PM
Click onto 'General Discussion' > Then theres a BIG blue button a little way underneath the logo that says - + Post New Thread. :)

armygrl282
03-13-2013, 07:54 PM
Thank You :D

jessed03
03-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Yr' Welcome :)

armygrl282
03-13-2013, 08:38 PM
I tried and it still won't let me

jessed03
03-13-2013, 08:44 PM
What happens?

armygrl282
03-13-2013, 09:05 PM
I try to post and it doesn't show up

jessed03
03-15-2013, 07:52 AM
I try to post and it doesn't show up

Your post needs to be OK'd by the moderated before it comes up. I'm not sure whos's about moderating at the moment. Try getting some more posts and try again. You could also email the help address, and ask them to help!

http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?9480-If-you-cant-see-your-post

Armstrong1
03-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Yes, we say STAT in the ER but usually it's more like "get respiratory down here STAT!" STAT has other uses such as at the bar after work......"Two vodka martinis, STAT!" Works every time.

jessed03
03-16-2013, 02:00 PM
Yes, we say STAT in the ER but usually it's more like "get respiratory down here STAT!" STAT has other uses such as at the bar after work......"Two vodka martinis, STAT!" Works every time.

What about if somebody on here says... I have terrible anxiety, answer my post STAT!!!

We could be seeing a new trend developing. :)

Armstrong1
03-16-2013, 02:13 PM
Good luck in Nursing school. It's tough but you'll love it. Then you'll have SO many choices re what you want to do as a nurse. And you'll love, as time goes on, how to stay cool and think clearly during a crisis....that spills over into your personal life in a good way, too. My anxiety isn't related to nursing but in college I could get all sort of anxious about having all of the diseases I was seeing. This is VERY common and even has the nickname Medical Students Disease. I'm only telling you this so you can avoid that sort of anxiety. Instructers have usually seen this kind of anxiety a million times so by all means talk about if you feel yourself getting worried that you have every medical problem your patients have. It would have helped me so incredibly much if I'd known how common this is in Nursing/Medical school. Doesn't mean at all that this will happen to you but if it does, you're not alone and good people can help you to just walk through it and be OK. Love to you my soon-to-be colleague.

Brittany1995
03-16-2013, 06:35 PM
Good luck in Nursing school. It's tough but you'll love it. Then you'll have SO many choices re what you want to do as a nurse. And you'll love, as time goes on, how to stay cool and think clearly during a crisis....that spills over into your personal life in a good way, too. My anxiety isn't related to nursing but in college I could get all sort of anxious about having all of the diseases I was seeing. This is VERY common and even has the nickname Medical Students Disease. I'm only telling you this so you can avoid that sort of anxiety. Instructers have usually seen this kind of anxiety a million times so by all means talk about if you feel yourself getting worried that you have every medical problem your patients have. It would have helped me so incredibly much if I'd known how common this is in Nursing/Medical school. Doesn't mean at all that this will happen to you but if it does, you're not alone and good people can help you to just walk through it and be OK. Love to you my soon-to-be colleague.

Thank you! I'm pretty excited an determined! I know I'd love it! ;)