PDA

View Full Version : Intrusive images?

mellymel
03-05-2013, 08:56 PM
What's a intrusive image? And how are they different from a hallucination? Does anyone know ? I am afraid I'm having both or confusing one for the other. And I'm ashamed to admit that I googled it, and now I'm freakin the fuck out because I what I read :(

FordingTheWaters
03-05-2013, 09:41 PM
What's a intrusive image? And how are they different from a hallucination? Does anyone know ? I am afraid I'm having both or confusing one for the other. And I'm ashamed to admit that I googled it, and now I'm freakin the fuck out because I what I read :(

It SOUNDS to me like they are when you see things in your head that you don't want to see. I have that problem. Unless I'm wrong, they seem different from hallucinations in that you are not actually SEEING them.

NixonRulz
03-06-2013, 05:31 AM
Hallucination is seeing something you believe is real. As you would be looking out so you would not see yourself

Intrusive image is a thought or picture you think up or it pops in your head, which is one of the most common symptoms of anxiety

I have never heard of anyone with anxiety seeing hallucinations.....unless they dropped a hit of acid

mellymel
03-06-2013, 08:35 AM
Hallucination is seeing something you believe is real. As you would be looking out so you would not see yourself

Intrusive image is a thought or picture you think up or it pops in your head, which is one of the most common symptoms of anxiety

I have never heard of anyone with anxiety seeing hallucinations.....unless they dropped a hit of acid

Hallucinations are common with PTSD. Which I have.

janey
03-06-2013, 11:51 AM
I get intrusive images all the time. They are flashes of a memory or a scenario that pop into your head. They are thoughts, so basically you know they occurred in your head. It's like thinking of a tree. You saw an image of the tree in your mind's eye. A hallucination is something that you think you see in REALITY. Like you thought you saw someone in your actual doorway. I've never had a known hallucination.