PDA

View Full Version : afraid of side effects of medication

ddonaghey1989
03-04-2013, 02:46 PM
hi im currently taking 10mg propranolol (beta blocker) for anxiety just one at bedtime as it was making me too sleepy bt its not working for me. im considering getting an antidepressant to see if it will help me with my overthinking. its driving me crazy bt i am soo afraid of taking medication because of the side effects. have antidepressants worked for you? therapy just isnt working for ne and the dizziness and derealization is scaring the life out of me i need help :(

NixonRulz
03-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Medication can work well for some people either with or without professional therapy.

I learned a long time ago. Do not read the side effects. Companies are obligated to document any and all possibilties.

Ask your doctor when he/she prescribes medication, what the major side effect is.

Have someone else read the small print side affects and tell them to let you know if there is something they know may be an issue such as a drug interaction with something you currently take.

katyats
03-04-2013, 03:57 PM
i was prescribed propranolol, and after reading all the possible side effects I didn't take a single pill :-(

parisorsteph
03-04-2013, 05:32 PM
I was thinking about asking my dr about propranolol? I need major anxiety help has it propranolol helped anyone

becki
03-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Why not focus on the positive side effects from the medicine? I had to tell myself that the initial short lasting side effects were NOT worse then my anxiety.

yourhealthsurwealth
03-04-2013, 07:16 PM
hi im currently taking 10mg propranolol (beta blocker) for anxiety just one at bedtime as it was making me too sleepy bt its not working for me. im considering getting an antidepressant to see if it will help me with my overthinking. its driving me crazy bt i am soo afraid of taking medication because of the side effects. have antidepressants worked for you? therapy just isnt working for ne and the dizziness and derealization is scaring the life out of me i need help :(

Propanalol done nothing for me but make me horendously sick and put me up the walls so to speak a and e 7 days a week thinking I was going to die I take sertraline 100mg 1 a day its helped me greatly at the start I'm the sort of person who worrys about 1 panic attack to the next the only time I was relaxed was when I slept felt gud a while after then bang again u need more substantually higher meds I reckin I can tell anxiety is takin its tole on you :)

sazco
03-05-2013, 04:25 AM
propanolol helps me a ton. i have to take it three times a day but its helped me a lot. :) dont read the side effects, youll just scare yourself...