PDA

View Full Version : Seeking affordable treatment in Chicago

law_student
06-25-2007, 05:26 AM
Hi. I have just come to the conclusion that I need to seek treatment for my anxiety disorder immediately. The problem is, I have no insurance. Does anyone know of any affordable treatment options in Chicago? Preferably downtown, please.

I am a student at DePaul, if that helps. I know my school offers assitance for such matters but I'm not very comfortable going that route. Even so, their summer hours are extremely limited.

A link to directories would also be helpful. I've searched Google multiple times but have not found the thing I am looking for.

Thank you.

squirt
06-27-2007, 03:17 PM
I was in a cbt group and it has helped me immensely. If you can join one I would highly recommend it. If not there are lots of good books on cbt you could get and you really do all the work with cbt so a therapist is just there to encourage and inspire you to work at the exercises. One of the ones we used in my group called Been there, done that? do this! by sam obitz has a really good introduction to the whole process. The tea form exercise in that book has helped me a ton and I still do them all the time when I get upset or anxious. Best of luck to you and try cbt one way or the other!

bohemianbarbie
06-27-2007, 07:47 PM
I have no insurance eiether, it totally sucks monkey balls. Look in your phonebook and call around from people who are willing to assist. Like here we have a Pathways and a few social services places. The pathways here only treats people who are absolutely helpless and suffering with more untreatable conditions such as bi-polar and people who see and hear things, and the social services usually charge $15 a session which not even I could afford considering I'm jobless. And I'm not so sure they even include your medication. I'd call around and look stuff up in the phone book. Do an internet search if you have to. You live in a pretty big city, there's got to be be something near by.

squirt
08-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Sometimes school psyche depts offer free or reduced rate cbt groups also.