PDA

View Full Version : Benzos as SOS only?

PositiveThinking!
02-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Just wondering if anyone here has been using benzos only an SOS when needed, I used to be on medication like a year or 2 ago but I quit it, still I've been using benzos once in a while when I'm feeling really anxious about something or when I can't fall asleep, anyone doing the same?

manz82
02-03-2013, 01:03 PM
I've always done that because I'm scared of getting addicted. I keep a strip in my bag for emergencies but I rarely take them. I checked with my doctor that I was doing the right thing and he assured me that this was the best way.

PositiveThinking!
02-03-2013, 01:36 PM
I've always done that because I'm scared of getting addicted. I keep a strip in my bag for emergencies but I rarely take them. I checked with my doctor that I was doing the right thing and he assured me that this was the best way.

Thanks for replying, well it's good to know that this is the safest way, I was sort of worried that this could be worse than taking them everyday lol, not to mention that it's horrible to take it daily, makes you feel like a zombie

alankay
02-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Heck yeah that's a common scenario. My doc calls it "a fire exstinguisher for anxiety". Yeah, PRN or "as needed only" use is common and a good way to use them. Alankayi

PositiveThinking!
02-04-2013, 12:43 AM
Heck yeah that's a common scenario. My doc calls it "a fire exstinguisher for anxiety". Yeah, PRN or "as needed only" use is common and a good way to use them. Alankayi

Thanks, good to know that what I'm doing is safe and actually the best way to take benzos :P

kdubg
02-04-2013, 12:59 AM
Just wondering if anyone here has been using benzos only an SOS when needed, I used to be on medication like a year or 2 ago but I quit it, still I've been using benzos once in a while when I'm feeling really anxious about something or when I can't fall asleep, anyone doing the same?

I always keep one or two Xanax in my wallet. Just in case something flares up. They've been sitting there for 2 months, but when I need them, I know they are there. It's more of a piece of mind than anything

Courtneykinns
02-04-2013, 01:05 AM
Yes i only use benzos when i realllly need them.
If its not too bad, i just put up with it.

PositiveThinking!
02-04-2013, 02:38 AM
I always keep one or two Xanax in my wallet. Just in case something flares up. They've been sitting there for 2 months, but when I need them, I know they are there. It's more of a piece of mind than anything
I don't usually carry any of them in my wallet, basically if I'm outside and I get anxious I just have to deal with it :P

Yes i only use benzos when i realllly need them.
If its not too bad, i just put up with it.
Well once in a while I just wanna feel normal so I take one even if my anxiety ain't that bad

AlyMHill
02-04-2013, 03:35 AM
I do the same! I actually got hooked to the Xanax for a bit and weaned myself off of them. I keep them for emergency situations only!

Courtneykinns
02-04-2013, 03:58 AM
Haha yeah ive done that too! Just to keep the stress low