PDA

View Full Version : "Googlers" of the World Unite and Take Over!

Hey Guys
06-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Ever since I developed anxiety issues, I've been obsessive about typing my symptoms into google to search for the possible cause of my problems. I'm very much certain now that I only have anxiety wih some feelings of depression, but my "what if..." line of thinking will lead me to type in different disorders to see if I have it. In turn, this only makes the anxiety I feel that much worse. I've gone from diagnosing myself as a schizophrenic, bi-polar, adjustment disorder, and so on and so forth. Does anyone else seem to do this?

FallenAnx
06-04-2007, 11:59 AM
ive done that haha... by the way i like your sig at the bottom

Breathe
06-05-2007, 06:46 AM
Getting on the internet is the worst possible thing you can do.

I've had some muscle twitching the past month or so, so I have diagnosed myself with MS or Lou Gehrig's Disease without even getting on the internet....but such is the life of someone with anxiety about their health.

I swear, when I finally DO DIE one day..it's gonna be b/c I let something go thinking it was an anxiety symptom. :D

vaio
06-07-2007, 08:26 AM
I self diagnosed myself with MS, ALS, Lyme, Fybromialgia and some other bad diseases unknown to the doctors yet.

Foxfire
06-07-2007, 06:26 PM
mitral valve prolapse, long QT syndrome, adrenal tumour, chronic sinus and a stack of bird diseases (I work with penguins). They were my self diagnoses of choice. :)

lileloa
06-22-2007, 10:46 AM
According to my own researches, I had sleep apnea, thyroid issues, GED, and most recently: heart problems, fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia, brain tumor, lupus, lyme disease, CF...and so many others...when I come to think of it with all of those diseases I wonder how I can still type ;-)

amm1066
06-24-2007, 07:19 AM
My studies have come up with all types of cancer,tumours etc,ms,parkinsons,bad heart and many more. I dont know how ive kept going this long to be honest.

zenbutcher
06-27-2007, 08:05 AM
Ditto...I've been researching my physical symptoms, with good intent, you know, to maybe help my doctor along. And have found a slew of diseases, ALS, thyroid, etc. etc.. After some tests - EKG, blood, which all came back good, I told my doc he said "stop it!" it's stress.
My anxiety does cause physical symptoms, stomach to muscle aches to
misc. twitches. I need to remind myself every day of this - so I know my indigestion isn't a heart attack.

Peter B