PDA

View Full Version : Willpower fading?

PositiveThinking!
01-29-2013, 02:03 PM
Alright so a few months back I started doing some lifestyle changes and everything worked out great, my plan was to get rid of Depersonalization symptoms by eating healthy, exercising and all that and it did work, what I did not expect was to get such a positive result, after a few months I didn't feel the DP/DR symptoms anymore and I felt like I could do anything, I was filled with willpower and I wanted to improve even more as an individual. I finally felt good about going outside looking for things to do, I would exercise gladly without any fears, I didn't feel like I needed any medication to keep me from being sad or anxious, basically everything was going just great.
The thing is that now, I haven't been doing much, I had to stay inside the house for a long time because of my back surgery and now I feel like I'm once again used to sit in front of the computer, to stay inside the comfort zone, and I'm starting to get a bit scared that my willpower is fading slowly and that I won't be able to feel good anymore about improving, finding a job and all that, do you have any similar issues happen? Do you think my willpower will come back as soon as I start doing stuff to improve again as long as I don't hold back because of the anxiety/depression?

I'd be thankful if you could help me out on this one :)

CEC
01-29-2013, 02:14 PM
I'm in the same boat, was doing great the past few months and than all of a sudden I had a month off from school and all of my anxiety symptoms came back and I completely lost all motivation for anything. Trying to figure this out along with you my friend.

Oh and I just realized your location says Portugal, I'm from the Azores myself.

neeveamelia
01-29-2013, 02:22 PM
I'd think your willpower will come back as long as you "think positive" ;) get back into routine and things will look up.

Hope this helps a tiny ickle bit!

Saldav
01-29-2013, 02:23 PM
If you did it once and you know the steps to take, I don't see why it wouldn't work again. Stay positive. I had back surgery too and couldn't stand,sit, or lay down for more than 2hrs a day, and that ruined me, but with positive reinforcement I was able to cope and recover, it was 6 months of hell, anxiety, depression, insomnia, you name it I went through it all. You'll be fine keep your head up and stay your path of positive thinking.

PositiveThinking!
01-29-2013, 02:54 PM
I'm in the same boat, was doing great the past few months and than all of a sudden I had a month off from school and all of my anxiety symptoms came back and I completely lost all motivation for anything. Trying to figure this out along with you my friend.

Oh and I just realized your location says Portugal, I'm from the Azores myself.
Sucks doesn't it? It's like we can't stop for a second or else it'll all come back! Obrigado ja agora pela reply :P

I'd think your willpower will come back as long as you "think positive" ;) get back into routine and things will look up.

Hope this helps a tiny ickle bit!
Yeah I really hope it does, and I do think it will as long as I keep my "positive thinking" right? I guess I should read my nickname everytime I come here to remind myself of how powerful positive thoughts are and how they affected me positively in the past, thanks :)

If you did it once and you know the steps to take, I don't see why it wouldn't work again. Stay positive. I had back surgery too and couldn't stand,sit, or lay down for more than 2hrs a day, and that ruined me, but with positive reinforcement I was able to cope and recover, it was 6 months of hell, anxiety, depression, insomnia, you name it I went through it all. You'll be fine keep your head up and stay your path of positive thinking.

Inspiring! Yeah that's exactly what I try to keep in mind, that I was once able to look at life in a whole different way, as if everything was just awesome and worth it, I'm sure I can get there again I mean there's absolutely no reason that I wouldn't be able to feel like that again, thanks :D

CEC
01-29-2013, 03:11 PM
Foi nada ! and it does but hey I guess its just a sign that we need to keep pushing as hard as that may seem at times, like my dad always tells me, "Sempre pa frente!" (:

Saldav
01-29-2013, 03:20 PM
Foi nada ! and it does but hey I guess its just a sign that we need to keep pushing as hard as that may seem at times, like my dad always tells me, "Sempre pa frente!" (:

That's right sempre pa frente, one step at a time but always forward.

neeveamelia
01-29-2013, 03:31 PM

What does that mean if you dont mind me asking? I like inspirational quotes:)

CEC
01-29-2013, 03:35 PM

Its Portuguese for always ahead haha

PositiveThinking!
01-29-2013, 05:13 PM
Yep true story, never give in to despair and keep your eyes on the road to happiness :P

True :D

Yeah I do too and I miss reading a few of them, I kept checking this facebook page called Positive Thinking and they had beautiful and extremely inspirational quotes, but sadly I have no more access to it because I deleted my facebook account so now I'll have to find them somewhere else I guess :O

PositiveThinking!
01-29-2013, 05:28 PM
http://imgur.com/otWDd

Great site .

Thanks a lot for that :)